Dict.cn is the first Internet dictionary in China. It boasts hundreds of millions of users and features the fullest varieties of dictionaries, the largest bank of vocabulary and the most detailed explanations. Dict.cn covers 46 industries, 10 languages and 20 million words, with elaborate explanations not only of etymology, usage, differentiation, example sentences and phrases, but also of various examination levels such as CET-4, CET-6, Middle School, High School, Post-graduate School Entrance Examination, TOFEL and IELTS. Dict.cn also provides some auxiliary functions like Memorizing Words, Translate, and Daily Learning and Reading.
Since its foundation in 2003, Dict.cn has exerted itself to do research on dictionaries – "Providing and creating dictionaries of the highest quality" has been the goal that every employee of Dict.cn strives for. Over the years, Dict.cn has not only provided professional dictionary services for some major Internet corporations like Youdao Dict, Baidu Dict and Tencent Dict, but also, with its professional reputation, won trust from many major domestic dictionary publishing houses and become a core cooperative partner with Commercial Press, Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press, Shanghai Foreign Language Education Press, etc. in the digital publication of traditional dictionaries. At present, Dict.cn has digitalized and released a large number of authoritative dictionaries of various languages and industries based on their print versions.
Dict.cn is the only dictionary which has received these following favorable reviews from specialists:
"By making deep study as its cause, Dict.cn is to accomplish its achievement naturally," commented by the chief editor of English-Chinese Dictionary, Professor Lu Gusun, from Fudan University, encouraging Dict.cn to make unremitting efforts to approach perfection.
"Dict.cn is just like a boat for learners to explore in the boundless sea of knowledge," said Yu Haijiang, the chief editor of Oxford Dictionary (Simplified Chinese version) at the 9th anniversary of Dict.cn, felicitating on its achievements in the field of learning dictionaries.
"Online dictionaries are not only tools for consultation and resolving puzzles, but also close assistants to help us learn expressions. Dict.cn is what I recommend," said Chen Wenliang, the director of Collins Dictionary (China).
"Use Dict.cn if you want to be a master of vocabulary," said Niu Wenwen, the proprietor of The Founder magazine.
A good dictionary would be a mentor for life. Dict.cn is sure to be your wisest choice of dictionary.
1. The best choice for learners: Dict.cn is a learning dictionary tailored for English learners by its team of dictionary specialists. Compared with other translation apps, the contents provided by Dict.cn are more accurate and clearer, so that learners can understand more easily.
2. Specialized dictionaries: Learners can enjoy exclusive featured services by choosing their own dictionary preference according to their learning goals from "Employees", "Businessman", "TOFEL learners", "IELTS learners", "Post-graduate School Entrance Exam candidates", "CET-4 students", "CET-6 students", "Middle school students" and "Kids".
3. Super large word bank: Dict.cn includes 20 million words.
4. Learning with Favorites on the Cloud: Memorize and go over new words anytime and anywhere with learning services on the Cloud.
5. Daily learning: Learning contents such as reading, listening, practice, and oral English are updated every day.
6. Real-voice standard pronunciation: Pure and real-voice pronunciation of international standard by native speakers.
7. Whole-passage translation: Your translation consultant at all times and places.