IDEAL Accessible Voter Information Guide Beta prompts users to enter their address. The app then submits the address information to Google's Civic Information Knowledgebase and retrieves voting information specific to that address. Information includes, among other things, polling place, early voting location, candidate data, and election official information. Before being presented to the user, this information is automatically compiled into an accessible eBook designed to be read by IDEAL Group Reader®, a fully accessible, "no-cost-to-the-user" ePub 3 Reader (or any other ePub 3 Reader on any platform). If the user does not have an ePub 3 reader installed on their Android device at the time the ePub is generated, they will be provided the opportunity to download IDEAL Group Reader® which will automatically load their customized voter information guide and present it to them as an eBook.
**** IDEAL Group Reader®: ****
* Reads text aloud (just like an audio book).
* Highlights sections of text as they are being read.
* Enables users to take notes using speech recognition, highlight sections of text to be remembered, and then gather all the important notes together in one place.
* Can display and read aloud (assuming that the appropriate voices are installed on the Android device) books in the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Welsh.
* Provides significantly improved accessibility: This includes enhanced navigation including jumping to specific chapters, pages, and passages.
* Plays audio tracks and display videos embedded in ePub3 texts.
* Provides MathML support; and,
* Much, much, more.
VIG Beta is being developed by Apps4Android, Inc. and was funded by The Information Technology & Innovation Foundation (ITIF) through a grant from the U.S. Election Assistance Commission.
Feedback and/or suggestions are very much appreciated.
Please send them to [email protected]
Included the Early Voting Site information for your given address.