Combines accelerometer, magnetometer and gyroscope sensor data with state-of-the-art AHRS algorithm to create fast, accurate and stable tilt-compensated compass that simply needs to be experienced with own eyes.
The app utilizes Rightware's leading Kanzi framework for smooth rendering with HW accelerated 3D graphics. There are two different themes to choose from: traditional style "Adventure" and modern "Marine".
As a bonus, Marine mode contains a damped string suspension with modeled physics for rough conditions. No matter how you move the device, the compass ball just seems to be magically floating in the air.
Download and share freely. If you're interested, the sensor fusion algorithm is open source and available under LGPL license (contact us for more information).
You are welcome to ask questions, discuss and read news about our other apps at http://finweaiapps.blogspot.fi
- The algorithm requires all three movement sensors. Some fairly modern devices in the market do not include gyroscope (for example, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1).
- Marine mode ball compass is supposed to be viewed from side, not from top. Directions seem opposite if viewed from top.
Stay tuned for other amazing apps from Finwe Ltd.
1.12 Texture updates
- Nexus 7 missing ball compass texture fixed
- Adventure theme uses now 24 carat gold
1.11 Performance optimizations
- Much smaller .apk package size
- First start still slow, but next ones much faster
1.1 Updated graphics, updated algorithm, bug fixes:
- Adventure mode rings made of gold
- Marine mode compass ball larger as requested by users
- Marine mode graphics quality improved
- Compass algorithm better at northern/southern areas of Earth