5: Aikido Techniques 2
Rewritten to avoid using Flash, and with a new user interface, this app contains over 40 clips showing further examples of Aikido techniques, some of which are not generally regarded as being in the set of basic forms. These latter techniques are technically more complex than basic forms and are often classed as appropriate for advanced students, rather than beginners, to practice.
The unique format of this app, the combination of text, images and controllable video clips, was designed to provide the best possible medium for appreciating the performance of Aikido techniques. Note that the video clips are embedded in the app so that once it has been downloaded and installed no further Internet access is required.
For each technique there are two video clips for two different attacking directions, a description of the technique including key points, and a number of still images to supplement the text. You can swap between text and video with a single tap/click and you can also swap between the two video clips, which have been carefully synchronised.
To facilitate study of the techniques the video controls include a variable speed slider that allows you to slow down the clips, and a loop control to repeat them automatically.
The Aikido techniques demonstrated are:
1. Ude Garami nage kosa dori
2. Ude Garami nage 2 chudan tsuki
3. Ude Garami nage 3 chudan tsuki
4. Koshi nage 1 from Kotegaeshi
5. Koshi nage 2 from Shiho nage
6. Juji nage 1 morote dori
7. Juji nage 2 ushiro ryote dori
8. Juji nage 3 ushiro ryokata dori
9. Irimi nage katate dori, uchi irimi tenkan
10. Kokyu nage 1 shomen uchi, uchi irimi tenkan
11. Kotegaeshi kosa dori, uchi irimi tenkan
12. Shiho nage shomen uchi, uchi irimi tenkan
13. Kokyu nage 2 yokomen uchi
14. Kokyu nage 3 yokomen uchi
15. Kokyu nage 4 yokomen uchi
16. Kokyu nage 6 ryote dori
18. Kokyu nage 7 ryote dori
19. Kokyu nage 8 ryote dori
20. Kokyu nage 9 ushiro ryote dori
21. Kokyu nage 10 ushiro ryote dori
22. Kokyu nage 11 shomen uchi