YES! its actually a WIDGET, and it FLIPS! (And now it Vibrates, Clicks, Kuck-Koo's" AND reads out the time!
It is not a wallpaper, or a video to play. Your animated wallpapers will continue to work in the background as usual. And you can chose which wallpaper, independently of this widget.
It was built from the ground up to not consume much battery. It does not come up on my battery usage list, which shows down to 2%. However, I do have a tenancy to keep my display on to watch the clock flip, and the screen being on does drain the battery... resist this habit and you should not notice any battery effects.
There are three different backgrounds, including transparent, and will all the other configuration options there are over 1 million different variations to how the clip clock will actually look on your home screen, and its all up to you through configuration.
This widget is a Flip-Clock, it does not have weather. By selecting this development path, I have managed to minimise the permissions to basically none. :) Depending on interest, I may add internal weather support in the future.
To "demonstrate" the flip, click on the right (the minutes), and to configure the woidget, click on the left (ie the hour display), or start the application from your "App Draw"
When I first purchased an Android phone, I was surprised that there were no flip clock widgets that actually flipped, but after building one, I now understand why! :-/
The widget is currently only for screens of at least 480 pixels wide or more. Download and test the demonstration version BEFORE purchasing the full version to test if it works on your specific device and launcher combination. Due to the tricks employed to get the flip working, it may not work on all devices and launchers out there. :(
A few of my favorite configurations are:
Black with "Messy Things" font
Black with "Entangle" font
White With "Messy Things" font
White with "Leonardo Blue" font
White with "Handwritten JR" font
Transparent with "Fanzine" font
** PHYSICAL MODE
I have added a new optional "Physical Mode" to enable the features of
* Vibrate when the flap falls
* Play a sound when the flap is "Released"
* Play a sound when the flap falls into place
* Read out the time using the Text To Speech Engine
KEYWORDS: Flip Clock, Widget, Animation, Animated, Configurable, Skin, Speak Time, Vibrate, Sound, Kuck-Koo, KooKoo, Read Time
* Fix FC / issue with redraw
* Reduced "False Positives" on flip & reading out time
* fixed force close on some devices for "Physical Mode"
* Added "Physical Mode": Add Vibration, Sound and Speak Time at selected intervals
* Reads Out Time at selected intervals (1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 60 minutes), even when phone is asleep!
* Added option to vibrate when either or both flaps fall (ie vibrate on minute and/or hour)
* Improved time tracking