With the ABC Radio App you can listen to 22 live radio streams and over 150 on-demand programs. We're also increasing the ways you can personalise your listening experience:
• LISTEN to your favourite LIVE ABC Radio Stations
• Missed your favourite live program? LISTEN ON-DEMAND
• Use + MY PROGRAMS to sync the latest episodes of your favourite programs
• EXPLORE podcasts by station and genre
• Use + LISTEN LATER to save episodes for offline listening – great for saving data and for when phone reception is poor
• MY RADIO gives you quick access to My Program and Listen Later episodes
• Use the sleep function when you go to bed
The App also offers track and program information; weekly schedules; and sharing on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
ON-DEMAND PROGRAMS (PODCASTS) INCLUDED
• All current and previous episodes, as found on iTunes, are available, that is podcasts from over 150 ABC Radio programs.
• ABC Local Radio, including: 891 ABC Adelaide, 612 ABC Brisbane,666 ABC Canberra, 105.7 ABC Darwin, 91.7 ABC Gold Coast, 936 ABC Hobart, 774 ABC Melbourne, 1233 ABC Newcastle, 720 ABC Perth, 702 ABC Sydney
• RN (ABC Radio National)
• ABC Classic FM
• ABC Classic 2
• ABC NewsRadio
• triple j, triple j Unearthed, Double J
• ABC Jazz
• ABC Country
• ABC Grandstand, ABC Extra
• Special event stations – e.g. Emergency broadcasts, festivals, speeches and addresses, celebrations and commemorations, big unfolding stories and small conferences discussing big ideas.
These are all the ABC Radio stations that currently have live radio streams for the web or mobile.
• v1.0 streams ShoutCast mp3 at 96kbps, which uses about 43 MB/hour.
• All other versions stream ShoutCast AAC+ at 64kbps, which uses about 29 MB/hour. Note that ShoutCast AAC+ at 64kbps has comparable audio quality to ShoutCast mp3 at 96kbps.
* Note that you are responsible for the data transfer and consumption charges incurred by you when using any ABC app. The ABC disclaims all liability for such charges.
Because some content needs to be restricted at various times to Australia only, the app may check your location to ensure that you're in Australia.
We value your feedback; please send us compliments, suggestions and criticisms. Please contact us using the Email Developer link.
We have used the latest Android SDK and have tested the app on a wide range of Android devices, but if you have any issues we would really like to hear from you with details of your phone, Android version and problem.
Updated in 188.8.131.52: Bug fixes
New in 3.0
• Updated interface
• Episodes featured on the home screen for some of our most popular programs
• Updated My Radio screen so you can more easily play the latest episodes from all your favourite programs in a single playlist.