Turn your Android device into a customized Google TV remote. A Google TV featured app!
NOTE: This app is for Google TV. You also need to install the "Able Remote" app on your Android device.
"Able Remote Is a Supercharged Google TV Controller." - Lifehacker
“Where the official Google TV remote app begins, Able Remote grabs the reigns and pushes things further in a way that’s intuitive, full featured, and a mix of geeky and fun.” – Android Central
"One of the five must-have Google TV Apps" - Geek.com
"It offers greatly improved functionality over Google TV Remote and is so intuitive that I rarely have to glance down at my phone when using Able Remote…rating 4 out of 5 - Gnarl’d"
"Able Remote is a must-try app for every Google TV owner…rating 4 out of 5 - Androinica"
Navigate Google TV with touch gestures and voice commands. Share photos, videos and web pages with your TV. Forward notifications to your TV.
If you're having any trouble, PLEASE CONTACT US at [email protected]
BEFORE RATING, so we can help you out and improve the App - your feedback really does help. We can't respond to reviews or comments.
- TV Touch navigation
- Touch play controls
- View photos and videos from your device on Google TV
- Share web pages with the TV
- Customize buttons (paid feature)
- Launch your favorite apps
- Jump to your favorite TV channels
- View SMS, Caller ID and app notifications on your TV
- Voice commands
- Single button power on/off all devices
- Control your TV, set-top box, audio receiver and Blu-ray player
- Create macros that combine device, app and channel actions
- Change the user interface color
- Web bookmarks
- Spotlight web apps
- Weather and clock overlay
- Trending posts from Google+
- Android widget to remotely control Google TV Play Music
- Share button layouts
- Netflix Instant Queue
To get started, connect your Android device to the same network as your Google TV.
The Vizio Co-Star Google TV device does not have a built-in IR blaster. This means that apps like Able Remote cannot control devices attached to your Google TV device unless you follow these instructions:
1. Disable power save mode on your Google TV for your physical remote (Settings -> Devices -> Bluetooth -> Vizio XRA700 Remote -> Remote power save -> Off)
2. Place the physical remote so that it is pointing at the devices you want to control. Your physical remote will act as a IR blaster for controlling all the devices connected to your Google TV.
Please email us at [email protected]
; we cannot reply to comments or Android error reports and many reported problems require that we ask for more details in order to fix.