The ABRAMS STEEL GUIDE ® is an interactive application which helps one to choose the perfect steel grade in the
industrial sector. This application is exceptionally helpful for designers and engineers of tools, mould making,
machine construction or jig manufacturing.
Moreover, our application is a very useful learning tool for teachers, students and school children in terms of
developing a practical understanding on the topic of steel and its industrial applications.
The complex content is intuitively, and through experience, refined, e.g. the use of a multi-dimensional decision
criteria when selecting appropriate types of steel.
The Application offers:
- An overview of the industry and the commonly used steel grades.
- Technical information on each of our steel grades, i.e. its properties, chemical analysis and all the possible
specifications available at ABRAMS ®.
- The ability to search for alternate and possibly better steel grades to the one that you know and usually work with.
- A keyword search engine based on our intergrated database, which shows you your chosen term and all its relevant steel grades.
- A multi-dimensional search function which enables one to differentiate between steels by easily adjusting its
properties, i.e. tensile strength, desired working hardness, relevant working temperature, machinability, toughness, wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
- A product search of all available specifications at ABRAMS PREMIUM STEEL ®, i.e. flat steel, round steel and
steel with or without machining allowance respectively.
- A direct export function via email from the app for all self-selected steel grades (based on properties, specifications or the keyword search).
- A glossary of all important terms regarding the topic of tool steel, high speed steel, corrosion resistant steel, etc.
An intuitive system through simple user ergonomics. All the core functions can be used without an internet connection because the application`s complete database is also installed.
Depending on the language of your device, the app works in the following languages and also shows the grades in the
country-specific description: German, English (EU / AISI code), English (GB / BS code), French, Dutch, Polish and Spanish.
Never has finding the perfect steel grade ever been easier. Our application is available for free on android smartphones and android tablets, thus the best direct way is to give us a try.
Note: The application is continuously updated and further developed. Thus, we would love to hear if you have any
suggestions or comments. Please email us at:[email protected]
- A direct data-export function via email
- new Languages: English (EU and GB), French, Spanish, Polish and Dutch.
- The possibility to rate our App.
Should you come across any problems when using the Steel Guide, may you please send us a short email briefly
outlining the problem to: [email protected]
Therefore, we shall be able to solve the issue as quickly as possible.
We are always extremely grateful when receiving your positive feedback!
Thank you very much.