AccuWeather for Google TV is still available through Google TV, but discontinued for tablets. Existing tablet users are requested to download our new application for tablets, AccuWeather, from here , https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accuweather.android
Also a paid version of the application, AccuWeahter Platinum, is available:
(These applications support notifications, severe weather alerts, landscape & portrait and much more).
The most trusted weather information is now available through Google TV as well as on your Android tablet (for both Ice Cream Sandwich and Honeycomb operating systems). AccuWeather is an engaging, fully-featured, interactive weather application with an easy-to-use and playful interface. This truly is a one-of-a-kind application that will appeal to television viewers and tablet users alike. With GPS technology and interactive Google™ maps, the application makes it possible for you to get detailed and up-to-date weather forecasts and news on your television or tablet from the most trusted brand in weather.
Weather impacts everyone. From planning day-to-day activities to making future business or personal plans, you need fast, easy access to weather information from a reliable source. AccuWeather has all of the features and information that you need, is free of charge and will safeguard your daily and future plans from weather interruptions.
• Accurate and local forecasts for locations worldwide. Updated every hour, forecasts include the most detailed hourly forecasts for the next twenty-four hours, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next fifteen days – all available in 27 languages.
• Current weather conditions are displayed with location name and time, temperature, humidity percentages, visibility, pressure, dew point, precipitation and amounts, UV index, and AM and PM times for sunrise and sunset.
• The day and night weather forecasts for the next fifteen days also include, humidity percentages, precipitation and amounts, wind and wind gust speed, wind direction, and the exclusive, patented, RealFeel® temperature – AccuWeather’s proprietary weather forecasting system that takes into account multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels, which may be warmer or colder than the temperature depending on these conditions.
• WeatherAlarms for locations worldwide, for weather events including, snow, ice, rain, wind, and thunderstorms.
• Weather display options, including animated radar for North America, satellite and interactive Google™ maps for locations worldwide, and current, broadcast-quality weather videos.
• Special lifestyle weather and health forecasts, as well as conditions for specific outdoor activities and sports, such as golfing, fishing, and jogging, and health-related weather forecasts, such as the hour-by-hour UV forecast, flu forecast, migraine headache forecast, and arthritis forecast.
• Stores as many locations as the user chooses, with simple toggling between locations.
• Navigation bar with easy-to-use buttons for toggling between each screen. Screens include Current, Hourly, Forecast, Maps, Lifestyle, News, and Settings.
• The 24 hours of hourly data is available in a list format that scrolls when selected.
• The user may choose between metric or English units, and either a 12-hour or 24-hour time display.
• AccuWeather widgets are available for your home screens that link directly to AccuWeather.
Start accessing the most accurate and current weather information available through Google TV or your Android tablet. Download AccuWeather today for free!
This affects only pre-loaded customers, removes the update prompt.
Final update for the tablet users to remind them to update to our latest app AccuWeather (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.accuweather.android). This app will no longer be updated/supported for tablets.
Discontinued for tablets.
* Minor defect fixes including a rare crash fix
* For widget issues, please uninstall and re-install.