An english-japanese dictionary which uses Jim Breen's EDICT data. Does not require japanese keyboard. Internet access is used only to download the dictionary - the application itself works offline. Features: radical search, kanjipad, kanji analysis, SKIP search, optionally shows romaji instead of hiragana/katakana
Developing Aedict is not free. Please consider purchasing an improved version of Aedict (with new GUI, supporting new dictionary formats) for $5 (one beer). Do not worry though: I will keep Aedict 2.9 available forever.
Keywords: english french german dutch japanese dictionary kanji hiragana katakana learning tool offline Jim Breen JMDict Edict enamdic JMNEDict kanjipad jnlp
- Added support for updating dictionaries to newer versions.
- Add an red X button on the word search field to clean the field.
- Added Joyo/JLPT N1/2500 most common newspaper kanji quizes.
- Force portrait mode in Show stroke order & Kanjipad view.
- Added support for radical analysis.
- Added support for Tatoeba.
- Fixed search bugs
- Include radical and its number into Kanji detail view.