NOTICE: This app is heavily dependent on your devices available hardware sensors, version of the Android operating system and last but not least, your device vendors software. For this reason, the app can behave with different results on different devices.
Aircraft horizon is the most advanced artificial horizon on the marketplace.
It fuses data from your devices accelerometer, gyro and magnetometer sensors to provide you with accurate pitch and roll information depicted as a typical aircraft artificial horizon.
- Sensor fused, accurate pitch and roll via internal accelerometer, gyro and magnetometer sensors
- Linear acceleration compensated - it is accurate whilst moving (with appropriate sensors)
- Automatically selects the best available sensors to use from those available on your device
- Filtered, smoothed and reactive display - no jitter or jumping!
- 'Pitch level' levels the horizon to your installation
- Supports multiple screen resolutions
- Supports display in both portrait and landscape orientations
This is the free version of the app. It is ad supported and has a two minute time limit. Upgrading to the paid version removes both of these limitations.
Aircraft Horizon is very simple to use. Pitch and roll is dynamically shown when you move your device. Using the menu, you can pitch level based upon your installation, switch between portrait and landscape modes and toggle debug data on and off.
If you like this app, please try my other aircraft/flying related apps!
I'm a professional software engineer, part-time android developer and passionate private pilot so would love to hear your thoughts, feature requests and bug reports.
Don't forget to rate it!
- Fix for small screens
- Instrument is now scaled larger on larger screens
- Added digital text readouts
- (Hopefully!) Fixed screen resolution bug on certain devices
- Added portrait/landscape orientation switch option