This app is what you need to record your outdoor activities's altimetry: very accurate Altimeter; altitude measurement based on barometer sensor; vertical speed; total altitude gain and drop.
Thought for cycling, mountain biking, trekking, hiking, skiing, backcountry skiing, mountaineering.
For weather forecasts: the Barometer monitors pressure and pressure trend, view last 24 hours pressure chart.
Tired of inaccurate altitude measurements given by your GPS?
Want to see and register your vertical speed and your elevation gain?
This application leverages the barometer sensor on your device to give you two possibilities:
- during outdoor activities, use your device as an Altimeter, to monitor altitude gains and drops. You will know your current vertical velocity (meters/hour up or down). Using the TrackAnalyzer feature, you will register: total track time, max and min altitude, total positive and negative altitude gain, number of positive and negative slopes.
- if you are in a fixed place, use your device as a Barometer, monitoring changes in pressure values over time so that you can understand how the weather is going yo change. Yuo can calibrate the Barometer with the exact altitude of the place you are, so that the applcation gives you an estimate of the pressure at sea level
Beta version 1.2.0 available:
The beta version is available after joining the group https://groups.google.com/d/forum/altibaro-beta-testers
- Can use GPS to get location on track recording
- Can use different units
- Interactive plots (a single touch auto finds peaks, a long touch or move to select points)
- Google Maps option to see routes
- Now you can view recorded tracks with track analisys
- Simpler user interface
- Introduced Help screens
- Correct some problems on altitude calibration
- Cleaning of old useless data