For all planes and aeronautics fans I designed this barometric altimeter with an aero style.
*** if you like Altimeter : thank you for updating to PRO version you will get more features (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.ssandon.altimeterpro). ***
*** Thanks for your support ! ***
Altimeter is an analog altimeter with aviation design style : its goal is to work off-line (plane or back-country).
Here are the main features :
- 3 hands analog altimeter (Hundreds, thousands & tens of thousands).
- Sensor "Autostart" feature (see preferences).
- Automatic sensor stop on exit.
- Preferences save on exit (including calibration data).
- 2 altitudes providers : Barometric sensor(*) or GPS chip (no network).
- Robust Barometric Algorithm.
- Units are feet or meters for altitude and hPa or inHg for pressure (*).
- Displays QFE / Altitude / QNH (*).
- Altitude speech.
- Calibration function(*) with altitude or pressure (QNH) including a reset function.
- User interface in English, French, German (Thanks Peter), Italian (Thanks Cosimo !).
- Free application... no ad !
(*) These functions require a barometric sensor in your android device (tablet like Motorola Xoom, Google Nexus ics 4, Samsung Note, ...).
By default the program will attempt to start with the pressure sensor. If it is not found then it switch on the GPS provider (true GPS not the network GPS). A message is displayed if the pressure sensor is not found.
Please note also that the program doesn't use Internet to get the altitude. For that reason, the program when used with GPS won't run indoor !
The GPS, was implemented to overcome the lack of pressure sensor on most devices.
The pressure sensor is very accurate : with a resolution of 0.1hPa and after calibration, accuracy is about 1m. This is awesome !
The calibration function of the pressure sensor(*) is very simple. Just enter the current altitude reference (as with a hiking altimeter). The altitude is then automatically corrected. Of course, if the atmospheric pressure falls or rises the value won't be anymore the true one. It is therefore important for a barometric altimeter to be frequently "calibrated" with a new reference.
A calibration function with the QNH pressure has been added also. It allows the altimeter to be calibrated during the fly. You have to provide the QNH pressure obtained from air traffic regulation or from grounded station.
Keywords: analog altimeter, barometric altimeter, QNH pressure, altitude, pilot tool, aviation goodies.
- Add Gps signal icon.
- Improve Gps altitude precision (Thanks to E.Monnet).
- If a translation is not accurate or not appropriate, please leave me an email, because I cannot answer your message on the market.
- Please leave a comment if you like this app : Thanks !