- WAV or OGG compression (better than MP3)
- Stereo recording (Nexus: same in both ears)
- Volume Boost 16x - record lectures. Reduce Noise.
- UI Hi-Visibility in Sunlight
- Stable and Completely Blind Accessible! (tested by Eyes-Free group)
- Live Monitoring in Stereo (earphones before start rec)
- Full File Manager (built-in or Total Commander)
- Pick recording folder of your choice!
- Proximity Sensor - Flip phone face-down/face-up to record/pause. Phone to Ear to record (enable Ear Detect bottom-left button). Intuitive recording without pressing buttons!
- Disables Touchscreen near Ear (Ear Detect)
- Directly run apps! - Run App 1 2 3 buttons (right edge).
- Instant Play/Share last recording. Mark as Trash/Favorite!
- Physical buttons: Volume Buttons / Headset button - record/pause/stop!
- UI reduces silent space in voice memos (since easier to pause)
- UI customizable - remove buttons from screen!
- Simple UI reduces Errors/Mistakes
NOT A CALL RECORDER
Although it CAN record phone calls - enable Speakerphone during a call - THEN switch to our app.
NOT FOR BACKGROUND RECORDING
Recording will be stopped if app is interrupted. This is a design decision to avoid accidentally recordings - no longer will you forget that recording was on after you are done with a long phone call!
RECORD FOR HOURS
Ensure that recording will not be interrupted - switch to Airplane Mode, stop alarm apps which may interrupt. Tested for 3 hours. 100 hour recording within (4GB FAT32) file size limit for external SD cards - with OGG compression.
BLIND ACCESSIBLE - TESTED WITH TALKBACK
Tested extensively by Eyes-Free google group members. Stable & extremely accessible with TalkBack - rave reviews from Eyes-Free members! Help is accessible - Counter speaks time and recording state. Volume and Headset button controls. Monitoring with Ear-Phones. Even Time/Date spoken separately. Choice of most accessible Total Commander File Manager. Google needs to fix a bug in TalkBack on Kit Kat for Volume Button controls to work - works well for non-TalkBack users.
OGG COMPRESSION - better than MP3 !!
OGG superior to MP3. OGG is open, hi-quality, smaller file size. Play / Edit OGG files on Mac/PCs - using free/open source VLC / Audacity.
FULL FILE MANAGER - built-in !!
OI File Manager (built-in). Or switch to Total Command File Manager in Settings! Use Total Commander plugins for FTP, DropBox and other tasks!
FILE MANAGEMENT - user control over files!
Files created wth UNIQUE names based on Date/Time. Automatically organized into Daily Folders (default) - or Flat (as in other apps). Using built-in file manager - create folders / organize as you please! Pick custom Recording Folder!
INSTANT LABEL - TRASH / FAVORITE
Label last recording instantly as "Trash" or "Favorite" - file moved to Trash / Favorites sub-folder - remove it later using file manager!
INSTANT PLAY / SHARE
Listen to last recording with Play button! Or click on files in file manager to play/edit using other apps. Share with other apps - to edit or send via Skype/Email.
Dim Screen on Timeout - save battery power (turn on in Settings). Also dims when phone near Ear (turn on Ear Detect).
RUN APP 1 2 3
Buttons on right edge - run any app! Simplifies switching between often-used apps.
KITKAT+ - EXTERNAL SD CARD
Google restrictions in KitKat+ - apps CANNOT use external SD card for permanent storage. Rooted device owners can enable external SD card access - using something like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geeksoft.extcardpatch
- Write_External_Storage (save audio)
FOR TAPJOY (to remove ads):
- E-mail: amazingaudiovoicerecorder AT stereomatch.com
Fastest voice recording - move phone to and from Ear to Record/Pause. Record without pressing buttons or looking at the screen - blind user friendly! Readable in sunlight and from 20 feet indoors!
0.9.34: Updated to new Google Advertising ID compliant libraries. Fixed button label for TalkBack. Added About.
0.9.33: Fixed - issue with Ear Detect when switching away from app and then come back - the screen became unresponsive to touch.
0.9.32: Added Show/Hide option for Time and Counter as well.