The premium player for listening to audio books.
Download thousands of free audio books from AmblingBooks.com, or purchase best selling mp3 audio book titles, or listen to audio books that you already own. Never lose your place in an audiobook again thanks to the undo/redo bookmarking system.
Unlike music players which include audio book functionality as an add on, the Ambling BookPlayer is designed from the ground up to be an audiobook player. The Ambling BookPlayer offers unique features designed to make audio book listening easy, frustration-free and uncomplicated for everyone:
* Never lose your place again. Fully automatic bookmarking for every book, with a revolutionary intelligent bookmark history system that lets you undo or redo any change in your listening position. You can also view and return to hundreds of previous listening positions, effortlessly returning exactly to your past points of listening.
* Audio file management is completely automatic and hidden. All audio file transitions are seamless and invisible, and can even occur mid-chapter without you being aware of the transition. For books downloaded using the player you don't ever need to know the names of the audio files, how many there are, or which file is currently playing.
* Enjoy content using familiar Chapter divisions, not arbitrary file limits. Navigate and track your current position in both the chapter and the book.
* The library provides an uncluttered view of your Books (not the files). It also groups books by Series, and plays the books in a series in the correct sequence.
* The clean interface is focused on audiobook listening. Quickly jump back when you need to listen to something again. Bookmark all the locations you want to remember with optional text or audio notes. Sleep timer makes night time listening easy.
* Finding and listening to good audiobooks is simple and easy. You pick the book and the player automatically downloads it from the Ambling Books site ready for listening.
* Use Bluetooth car stereo systems and Bluetooth headphones to listen and control the audio playback. You just need to have your phone in your pocket.
* Create multiple bookmarks to easily return to any place in the book. You can include optional labels, text notes and/or audio notes with your bookmarks.
The Ambling BookPlayer will quickly become your favorite player.
Fixed a problem where the BlueTooth media buttons could revert back to the default music player after another application temporarily took the audio focus.
When deleting audio files the .nomedia and image files are now removed, and the directory is deleted if it is empty.
An issue where starting the player sometimes went to the library screen instead of the play controls for the current book was fixed.