Important! This app needs a running LIRC server on a Windows or Linux system and you will probably also need special hardware for sending the infrared commands. I would recommend using the Irdroid Wifi system that works out the box with AMOTE (find it here http://www.irdroid.com/irdroid-wifi-version-3-0/) or built your own system using a Raspberry Pi and a simple DIY transmitter like this one http://www.datscharf.dk/amote/hardware/diy-transmitter/.
AMOTE Free is a client for LIRC (the Linux Infrared Remote Control). Connect an infrared transmitter/blaster to your server running LIRC, create or download a remote control configuration file from http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/. And you are ready to build your own network based Universal Remote control out of your tablet or phone.
For an ad-free experience buy AMOTE Pro.
Need help? Found a bug or have some ideas to share either contact me at [email protected]
or visit www.datscharf.dk/amote.
- Use colors to design your own remote. Select different colors for buttons, grid, icons, symbols and texts.
- Macro support. Create favorite keys that issues multiple infrared commands from one or more LIRC servers. For example create a key that turns off the tv in your living room and in your bed room at the same time.
- Supports repeat on long press both real and emulated
- Support simulated events, make LIRC server pretend it received the event over IR
- Password protection on startup and/or on resume.
- Hide statusbar and lock in portrait mode
- Slide between views
- 4 button home screen widget with your four most used favorite buttons (macros are also supported).
- Increasing the size of the layout will preserve the configuration you have already done.
- Use icons, text and symbols for each button
- Configurable number of coloumns and rows and up to 10 different favorite remote-pages
- Different layout depending on screen orientation
- Should work with any standard LIRC server including WinLIRC
- Tested on Android versions 1.6 to 4.1
- You will get future updates. AMOTE is always a work in progress and there are additional features in the works.
Fixed missing menu button.
- Fixed that app would keep repeating a signal if the app was paused for example when pressing the device power key. Now any repeating signal i terminated if the app goes into the background.
- Changing server settings did not have effect until the app was restarted, this is now fixed so changing ip or port number has immediate effect.
- Added new startup info dialog and made it accessible from the menu.