Important! This app needs a running LIRC server on a Windows or Linux system and you will probably also need special hardware for sending the infrared commands. I would recommend using the Irdroid Wifi system that works out the box with AMOTE (find it here http://www.irdroid.com/irdroid-wifi-version-3-0/) or built your own system using a Raspberry Pi and a simple DIY transmitter like this one http://www.datscharf.dk/amote/hardware/diy-transmitter/.
AMOTE Free is a client for LIRC (the Linux Infrared Remote Control). Connect an infrared transmitter/blaster to your server running LIRC, create or download a remote control configuration file from http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/. And you are ready to build your own network based Universal Remote control out of your tablet or phone.
For an ad-free experience buy AMOTE Pro.
Need help? Found a bug or have some ideas to share either contact me at [email protected]
or visit www.datscharf.dk/amote.
- Use colors to design your own remote. Select different colors for buttons, grid, icons, symbols and texts.
- Macro support. Create favorite keys that issues multiple infrared commands from one or more LIRC servers. For example create a key that turns off the tv in your living room and in your bed room at the same time.
- Supports repeat on long press both real and emulated
- Support simulated events, make LIRC server pretend it received the event over IR
- Password protection on startup and/or on resume.
- Hide statusbar and lock in portrait mode
- Slide between views
- 4 button home screen widget with your four most used favorite buttons (macros are also supported).
- Increasing the size of the layout will preserve the configuration you have already done.
- Use icons, text and symbols for each button
- Configurable number of coloumns and rows and up to 10 different favorite remote-pages
- Different layout depending on screen orientation
- Should work with any standard LIRC server including WinLIRC
- Tested on Android versions 1.6 to 4.1
- You will get future updates. AMOTE is always a work in progress and there are additional features in the works.
Removed annoying interstitial ad.
Fixed delay after command
Upgrade from admob to google play services
Added interstitials on launch
Fixed missing menu button.