Anchor Alert is an advanced anchor alarm application made by a professional software developer and MCA certified Yachtmaster. It was the first anchor alarm available for Android devices and remains the number one choice of serious boaters. It uses a unique anchor projection algorithm which automatically takes into account the magnetic-declination of your location to more accurately set the anchor watch point. It has a clutter-free interface and runs fully off-line (after initial verification). It has been designed primarily to maximise reliability and battery life while allowing the user the greatest degree of flexibility and customisation possible.
Some of Anchor Alerts features:
- unique anchor projection system, just point and click and your anchor position is set
- user defined swing area with 'touch-to-set' exclusion and slack zones
- very low memory usage and the longest battery life in its class
- can be set to run completely in the background while you use your phone / tablet for other things
- can be controlled by SMS* from an authorised second phone and can be set to send SMS alerts* with embedded Google maps URLs (* on devices that support telephony only)
- silent or audible alarms, with or without vibration
- vessel tracking, historic location traces and more
If you want the best anchor alarm / anchor watch for Android, you want Anchor Alert.
See http://www.slimjimsoftware.co.uk for a full run-down of features.
** GPS accuracy and performance depends on your phone's hardware. Please read the help page fully and make sure you understand how to tell if the anchor alarm is running in the background and how to completely stop it.
NOTE: some Android devices using versions 4.0 to 4.0.4 are known to be overly aggressive when shutting down background tasks, this interferes with Anchor Alerts background function and may cause it to be shut down after a few hours without warning. if you own one of these affected devices please contact your carrier about an upgrade to 4.0.4 or later, in the meantime you should only use foreground mode. Android versions 2.x, 3.x and later than 4.0.4 should not be affected.
Finally, please email me and let me know how I can make this anchor alarm / anchor watch app better before leaving negative reviews. My goal is a 5 star rating from everyone that buys this app, please help me achieve this!
fix for error on older devices caused by API change in Android 6.0
save location history to internal storage instead of sdcard and remove redundant external storage permissions.
Recognise international phone numbers for SMS control messages
Fix preferences screen for devices that lack a hardware compass
Change colour scheme to better support colour-blind users
Change bearing to display leading zeros
Add 'north-up' option in advanced preferences