Anchor Alert is an advanced anchor alarm application made by a professional software developer and MCA certified Yachtmaster. It was the first anchor alarm available for Android devices and remains the number one choice of serious boaters. It uses a unique anchor projection algorithm which automatically takes into account the magnetic-declination of the current location to more accurately set the anchor point. It has a clutter-free interface and runs fully off-line (after initial verification). It has been designed primarily to maximise reliability and battery life while allowing the user the greatest degree of flexibility and customisation possible.
Some of Anchor Alert's features:
- unique anchor projection system, just point and click and your anchor position is set
- user defined swing area with 'touch-to-set' exclusion and slack zones
- very low memory usage and the longest battery life in its class
- can be set to run completely in the background while you use your phone / tablet for other things
- can be controlled by SMS* from an authorised second phone and can be set to send SMS alerts* with embedded Google maps URLs (* on devices that support telephony only)
- silent or audible alarms, with or without vibration
- vessel tracking, historic location traces and more
If you want the best, you want Anchor Alert.
See http://www.slimjimsoftware.co.uk for a full run-down of features.
** GPS accuracy and performance depends on your phone's hardware. Please read the help page fully and make sure you understand how to tell if this application is running in the background and how to completely stop it.
NOTE: some Android devices using versions 4.0 to 4.0.4 are known to be overly aggressive when shutting down background tasks, this interferes with Anchor Alert's background function and may cause it to be shut down after a few hours without warning. if you own one of these affected devices please contact your carrier about an upgrade to 4.0.4 or later, in the meantime you should only use foreground mode. Android versions 2.x, 3.x and later than 4.0.4 should not be affected.
Finally, please email me and let me know how I can make this app better for you before leaving negative feedback. My goal is a 5 star rating from everyone that buys this app, please help me achieve this!
- bug-fix release
- option to reset anchor without losing existing historic location trace
- option to clear trace
- improved tablet support
- UI improvements
- option to enter compass bearing manually
- option to delay alarm to allow vessel to move back into range
- option to cancel and reset alarm when vessel moves back into range
- improved errant GPS fix handling
- renamed 'safe zone' to 'slack zone'
- touch to zoom text now works in landscape