AndStatus is an Open Source low traffic social networking client with tree-like threaded conversations. It supports multiple protocols, including GNU social ("StatusNet". e.g. Quitter, LoadAverage, Vinilox, etc.), Twitter and Pump.io. AndStatus combines your accounts from all networks into one Timeline and allows you reading and posting even while you are offline.
For Android v.4.1+ devices.
Differentiating features of AndStatus:
1. Many accounts in different Social networking systems. You may have several accounts in each, write/reply as any "You" and share between accounts and systems.
2. You don't need to be online even to post your updates: not sent posts are kept (in the "retry queue") even after reboot. They will be sent when your device is Online.
3. Convenient tree-like "Conversation view".
4. "Global search" allows searching public messages in all registered systems with one query.
5. Tweets/messages/avatars/attached images are being synced in a background, when your device has a good connection.
6. Cached data may be stored for years or for several days only - it's your choice.
7. Easily backup and restore accounts and data between your devices.
8. Free and without ads, community supported.
See the Change Log for descriptions of all the features of AndStatus:
v.15.0 (122) Discovery of open GNU Social instances
1. Implemented discovery of open GNU Social instances (servers)
2. Added "Swipe to Refresh" feature for a Timeline view. The swipe duplicates "Reload" menu item.
3. Syncing indicator on a Timeline moved to the bottom and now doesn't cause timeline tremors anymore.
4. Fixed ANR (application freeze/or crash) when requesting download of Avatars and Attachments during a Timeline drawing.
5. Added Japanese and Arabic translations.