AndStatus is a traffic-efficient microblogging client for GNU social (StatusNet), Twitter and pump.io, for Android devices. It combines your accounts in all Microblogging systems into one Timeline and allows you to work offline, including reading and blogging/sending messages (tweets, posts etc.) while you are offline. Open Source License.
Differentiating features of AndStatus:
1. Many accounts in different Microblogging systems. You may have several accounts in each system, e.g. for different purposes, write/reply as any "You" and share between accounts and systems.
2. Tweets/messages/user avatars are being synced in a background, when your device have a good connection. You may read and reply to them even when there is no Internet connection at all. Cached data may be stored for years or for several days only - it's your choice.
3. You don't need to be online even to post your updates: not sent status updates are kept (in the "retry queue") even after device rebooted. They will be send when there will be a chance...
4. Convenient "Conversation view" of related posts (as a colored tree), including newer posts that were sent later than currently selected post.
5. "Global search" allows searching public messages in all registered Microblogging systems with one query.
6. Easily backup and restore accounts and data between your devices.
7. Free and without ads, community supported.
See the Change Log for the history of changes, descriptions and links to discussions on all the features of AndStatus:
v.10.0. Share message to another account and Open it on Internet
This release brings a lot of long-awaited enhancements, see them all in the ChangeLog.
1. "Share" message action improved to allow message sharing from one account to another, including sharing between different Microblogging systems
2. "Open on Internet" message context menu item added
3. Added "ENTER key sends message" option. Setting it to "off" allows inserting newline in the message...