A great two player board game where you will have to use your brain if you want your animals to win! Based on Dobutsu shogi, the game that started a craze in Japan, Animal Shogi is a small Japanese chess game that can be played in 5-10 minutes. Without the slow starts of chess, this game will have you thinking hard and anticipating your opponent in just a few moves!
With attractive visuals and simple-but-powerful rules, this game is a great way of introducing children to the rules of chess, and teaching them to think ahead.
No internet or phone details required, play anywhere and everywhere. Looks a treat on tablet devices, which are perfect for sitting around together!
SEO: Animal Shogi, Dobutsu, Doubutsu, let's catch the lion
== RULES ==
1. Players take it in turns to make a move, with the starting player determined randomly. On each move they can either move a piece one space in a direction indicated on the piece, or drop a piece from their hand.
2. When you move one of your pieces on top of one of your opponents pieces, it is captured and goes into your hand. You can then place it back on the board as your own piece later.
3. If a Chick reaches the far end of the board, it is promoted into a powerful Hen! A Hen reverts to a Chick when it is captured.
== WINNING ==
There are two ways to win the game:
1. By catching, or 'checkmating', your opponent's Lion. This is where you manage to trap the Lion so that it is guaranteed you can capture it on your next turn, no matter what move your opponent makes.
2. By moving your Lion to the far side of the board, as long as doing so does not allow your Lion to be captured on the following turn.
DEFEND YOUR LION AT ALL COSTS
Any feedback is welcome, so feel free to either email us or tweet us at @ringpull_!
Version 1.0.1 - Removed unused permissions. Now there are precisely none!