Announcify (formerly known as SayMyName) reads out loud the caller's name.
What? You hate pulling your out of your pocket everytime someone contacts you? Or, even worse, you hate interrupting what you're doing at the moment, expecting a horrible important message from your girlfriend, but it was just your grandma? Annoying...
But, don't fear, mate. Announcify is going to save you from annoying calls and unnecessary interruptions.
Additionally, Announcify offers a broad range of plugins - from all kinds of messaging, like Facebook, Twitter, SMS and Gtalk - to crazy things like reading out loud a book for you and an API allowing other developers to integrate their app easily.
- reads SMS, MMS, Gmail, Gtalk, K-9 Mail, Plume (formerly Touiteur) and Twidroyd too
- mute gesture
- very customizable
- Text-To-Speech, TTS
Open-Source. GPLv3. :)
Problems? Feedback appreciated at http://feedback.announcify.com/
NEW: Now available for Google Chrome too! Get it at the Google Chrome Webstore.
- Gmail plugin is back!
- fix in-call announcifications
- beautiful new UI created by Andy Scherzinger
- automatic error reporting enabled by default (disable in Announcify++ settings)
- completely removed ads - enjoy!