This package supports Android 4.X (ARM and Intel Android), but due to limitations with the Android VPN Framework, some AnyConnect features are not available.
- The AnyConnect icon in the notification tray is unusually large. This is a limitation with the VPN Framework.
- Some freezes are known to occur on the Diagnostics screen.
The following features are not supported using this package:
- Filter Support
- Trusted Network Detection
- Split Exclude
- Local LAN Exception
- Secure Gateway Web Portal (inaccessible when tunneled)
AnyConnect provides reliable and easy-to-deploy encrypted network connectivity from devices by delivering persistent corporate access for users on the go. Whether providing access to business email, a virtual desktop session, or most other Android applications, AnyConnect enables business-critical application connectivity.
LICENSING AND INFRASTRUCTURE REQUIREMENTS:
AnyConnect for Android requires Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Boot image 8.0(4) or later. For licensing questions and evaluation licenses, please contact ac-mobile-license-request (AT) cisco.com and include a copy of "show version" from your Cisco ASA. If you already have an Essentials or Premium ASA license, you may use the automated license request tool at:
The ASA requires an AnyConnect Mobile license (L-ASA-AC-M-55XX=), as well as either an AnyConnect Essentials (L-ASA-AC-E-55XX=) or AnyConnect Premium Clientless SSL VPN Edition (L-ASA-AC-SSL-YYYY=) license, where XX is the last two digits of your ASA model number and YYYY is the number of simultaneous users. AnyConnect Mobile and Essentials licenses are enabled per ASA, there is no per user charge for either of these licenses.
- Automatically adapts its VPN tunneling to the most efficient method based on network constraints, using TLS and DTLS
- DTLS provides an optimized network connection
- IPsec/IKEv2 also available
- Network roaming capability allows connectivity to resume seamlessly after IP address change, loss of connectivity, or device standby
- Wide range of authentication options
- Supports certificate deployment using AnyConnect integrated SCEP and the certificate import URI handler
- Policies can be configured locally, and automatically updated from the security gateway
- Access to internal IPv4/IPv6 network resources
- Administratively controlled tunnel policy
- Localizes according to the device's language and region settings
If you are an end-user and have any issues or concerns, please contact your organization’s support department. If you are a System Administrator having difficulties configuring or utilizing the Application, please contact your designated support point of contact.
You can provide us with feedback by sending us a log bundle by navigating to "Menu > Diagnostics > Send Logs" and choose "Feedback to Cisco" with a description of the issue. Please read the Known Issues section prior to sending feedback.
You can reach us on Twitter by directing a tweet to @AnyConnect, or by visiting our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/anyconnect.
Release Notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect30/release/notes/rn-ac3.0-android.html
User Guide: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect30/user/xmart/b_Android_User_Guide.html
Join Google+ Community
Opt-In (or Out):
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.cisco.anyconnect.vpn.android.avf - AnyConnect ICS+
Report issues to [email protected]
No TAC support.
AnyConnect 4.0.01110 provides for a Profile push fix for AirWatch MDM and removes unnecessary (unused) permissions.
AnyConnect 4.0.01093 provides fixes for Android 5.0/Lollipop compatibility, additional bug fixes, and a critical security fix for POODLE (CVE-2014-3566) CSCur31571
Note: The Android 5.0/Lollipop Developer preview does not have a functional VPN framework, testing will not be possible until November.
Please email any questions or problem reports ([email protected]