APDE (Android Processing Development Environment) is an integrated development environment for creating Processing sketches on your phone/tablet. APDE supports the full edit, compile, and run cycle. You don't need a computer or an SDK to start coding on the go.
APDE is currently in alpha. Lots of things will change in the future and many more features will be added. The app is under active development and you may encounter bugs and issues. If you find a bug or have an issue with using the app, please make sure to report it. If APDE crashes, make sure to submit the stack trace.
APDE requires the following permissions:
- Modify and delete the contents of your USB storage - required to save sketches to the external storage
- Control vibration - required to provide haptic feedback, which can be turned off in Settings
APDE is open source. You can find the source code, an issue tracker, support, and a more detailed explanation of APDE's inner workings on GitHub:
Version 0.3.3 Alpha
- Large set of examples (must be downloaded)
- Basic Git integration
- Support all external storage locations
- What's new and about screens
- Java 1.6 compiler compliance
- AAPT build failure fixed
- Library manager crash fixed
- Conway example fixed
- Lots of other bug fixes
Note: This release adds the permissions INTERNET and
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE that are required for the examples and Git.