Ever wondered for how much time you use that Facebook app? Is your facebook usage increasing or decreasing?
This App Usage Tracker app tracks what all apps are getting used on the device, and depicts the same in a graphical format. The usage stats can be exported out as well.
Note: This app starts tracking only when it is first launched after install / upgrade. Also, this app doesn't ask for INTERNET permission, so it cannot upload any usage data automatically without your consent.
- Get to know what all apps that are not used and can be removed to save space.
- Monitor regularly which apps are used often.
- Usage detail can be exported and/or saved on the device. - The exported details can be sent through installed e-mail service as attachment(Needs an SD Card/Storage).
- Daily notifications with the most used app.
- Disable tracking for certain apps.
- App tracking stops when the phone is locked.
- The usage data can be exported in the form of csv file, which could be sent through mail.
- Older usage data get cleaned up regularly if configured.
- Consumes very less battery.
- Very light weight tracking mechanism.
How to use the app:
- As soon as the app is launched for the first time, the app usage tracking begins.
- For the first launch of the app, the usage report will be empty.
- On the main page, the usage duration can be selected, after which app usage info would be shown.
- Tap on a particular app name in the list, will open up a time-series graph depicting the usage pattern.
- Long press on the app name would show a popup menu using which the app can be launched or uninstalled.
- The circular button on top, can be used for refreshing the usage for selected duration.
- The Usage Tracking can be enabled or disabled.
- The duration of retention for tracking data would be used to clean up older usage data.
- The accuracy of the tracking can also be controlled. There is a tradeoff here. If fine grain accuracy is required it would eat up more CPU and battery. Other levels would be little bit less accurate but would be fair on CPU and battery.
- The default e-mail id on which the mail needs to be sent can also be configured.
- The daily notification is enabled by default. This would trigger a notification automatically at 9 PM with the most used app of the day.
- By default, uninstalled apps would not be shown in the usage report.
Not supported yet:
1. Multi-user support.
2. Multi-window tracking.
3. Facebook chat head tracking.
Procedure to export usage through e-mail:
1. Providing e-mail id in "Email id for export" setting is optional. If provided then the e-mail id would be pre-populated when sending app usage through e-mail.
2. Select the tracking duration on the main page for which usage report need to be generated and send.
3. Click on "Mail" button on top action bar. This will trigger a window listing down all the apps on the device using which the usage can be exported/send/updated.
4. Select the appropriate app to export. If it is an email provider, then the e-mail id provided in Step 1 would be pre-populated. If not, provide the e-mail id on which the e-mail need to be sent.
This app is not endorsed or certified by Facebook. All Facebook(TM) logos and trademarks displayed on this app are property of Facebook.
This app doesn't require INTERNET permission, so your usage data is completely secure.
- Added Lollipop support. Enable app usage settings for this app when the pop-up shows up initially. Else go to Settings menu -> Enable Settings -> Provide app usage permission.
- Long press on the app in the usage report to add them to the Keep On Track list. Those apps will be tracked even if device is locked.
Use menu button to see more options.