New timeout timer and token economy app to help your children have a GreenDay!
Using this application can assist you in implementing a behavior plan for your children with or without autism.
Not just a token economy, GreenDay makes it easier to implement an ABA behavior plan by encouraging breaks and using reinforcement for up to three children. Helps keep the child's attention by making sounds and speaking their name. Includes a "timeout" timer for putting the child on yellow and red and keeps track of tokens banked. Provides detailed history for the past 31 days in a calendar view.
This application helps you implement and track the reinforcement that enables you to change your child's problem behavior.
We developed this application with input from the ABA therapist that we hired. Our family has been using the application for a year now, prompting UI improvements and feature development.
Although this application and the behavior plan was developed for a child with autism, it also works on our child that doesn't have autism.
IMPORTANT: Selecting an image icon for a child can cause an out of memory error, depending on the memory available in your device and the size of the image. The optimum image icon is 72 x 72 pixels.
The application supports up to three children.
Flick the child's picture icon up toward their bank to give them a token, and the app congratulates your child and tells them how many tokens that they have earned.
Long press on the child's bank to add or subtract money as they earn bonuses or make purchases.
Drag the child's picture icon to yellow to put the child in yellow, and the app warns the child to stay calm and follow directions.
Drag the child's picture icon to red to put the child in red, and the app lets the child know that they're on red. The app automatically puts the child into yellow when the red timer is up, and tells the child to apologize and restore the environment.
Press the child's bank to view a calendar of the past 31 days and view details for each day.
Press the child's red timer to have the phone suggest a break to prevent a meltdown.
Long press on the child's red timer to pause the timer, if the child leaves the designated area. Long press again to unpause the timer.
Enter your child's name phonetically, so that the text-to-speach engine speaks your child's name correctly.
Enter a list of breaks from the settings screen.
Create family rules that when broken will put your child on yellow, or that will put them directly on red. Create a list of family goals that will earn them tokens.
The Behavior Plan:
My wife and I have blogged about how we use the application to implement our behavior plan, but you may want to talk to your applied behavior analyst to help develop a behavior plan for your child.
Join our Google+ Community or e-mail us if you have questions or problems:
Unfortunately there's no way for us to reply to you through the rating system.
Implement a behavior plan for your children. Help them to have a GreenDay!
* Bugfixes for TextToSpeech on ICS.
* Going on yellow now asks child to "calm down" instead of "remain calm".
* Added log detail feature to record more detailed behavior information.
* Updated to Android Holo Theme.
* App no longer gives praise, which should be given by parent or guardian.
* Fix for ImagePicker on some devices.
* Child's status no longer changes until the image icon is released. This ensures that on larger displays, the status doesn't stick on yellow when going directly from green to red. This also allows the adult the chance to change his or her mind before releasing the image icon.
* Speaks token amount when negative
* Improve user experience for end of yellow timer
* Increased reporting detail on a common Runtime error
* Fail over to linking to image if copy fails
* Fix width of tiles on calendar
* Prevent sleeping when timer on (new permission).
* Fixed titles on list screen.
* Added API 4.x navigation.