Take photos under the water! Water can't stop you from taking great photos anymore. Aqua Camera Pro is a camera application that enables you to use hardware keys or proximity sensor to take photos and shoot videos. These features are useful, when your device is waterproof, but has not dedicated camera button and you want to take photos and videos underwater. Initially camera has been developed for Sony Xperia Z smartphone, to use underwater, but during development it evolved to full featured camera app, which can be used as normal camera app. Number of supported devices getting more by each new update. The latest version supports all Xperia Z series, including Z Ultra, Z1, Z2, Tablet Z, Tablet Z2, and other manufacturer devices, e.g. Galaxy S4 active or Galaxy S5.
You have ability to use touchscreen buttons also like in other camera apps.
ATTENTION!!! USE YOUR DEVICE UNDERWATER IF ITS WATERPROOFNESS IS GUARANTEED BY MANUFACTURER. TAKE IT UNDERWATER ON YOUR OWN RISK.
The latest update gives you full featured Pro app for free that includes zoom and scene modes.
"A new camera app developed by xda-developer member AGGevorgyan allows you to take pictures on Xperia Z by tapping the proximity sensor. The idea behind this is that it makes it easier to take pictures underwater, given the absence of a dedicated camera button..." (c) xperiablog.net
"Taking pictures underwater is probably something that not many people have attempted. Of course, not only are the physical and hardware limitations preventing people from doing so, expect for a select ‘few’ devices, but physics tells us that capacitive touch screens will have a hard time registering any taps and swipes when under water. A physical camera button may remedy this issue on the Sony Xperia Z, but how about the proximity sensor?
As an answer to a question along similar lines, XDA Forum Member AGGevorgyan has developed an app that allows Xperia Z owners to easily take photos with the proximity sensor. Designed to rid users of the aforementioned problem, Aqua Z Camera will snap up pictures every time you tap the proximity sensor—simple as that. The sensor sensitivity, being the duration you have your finger covering the proximity sensor, can be adjusted within the app. The great thing is that it doesn’t require root access, meaning it’s a viable alternative to the physical camera button mod..." (c) xda-developers.com
Features in v. 1.1.x
* Video and photo enabled
* Front and rear cameras support
* Option to use proximity sensor as shutter key
* Ability to change sensor sensitivity
* Option to use volume keys as shutter keys
* Option to use touchscreen buttons for taking photo and video
* Physical camera key support
* Option to change photo/video mode
* Color effects
* Option to change memory storage (internal/external)
* Option to set resolutions for video and photo
* Auto focus, auto white balance
* Option to set flash off/on/auto for photo and torch off/on for video
* Latest photo/video thumbmail preview with link to album/player
* Armenian, English, Russian, Hungarian, Czech, Italian, Arabic, Traditional Chinese translations
-- FREE (Previously available only in paid editions)
* Zoom with volume keys and/or touch screen buttons
* Scene modes such as action, landscape, portrait, fireworks, night portrait, snow, sunset etc.
v. 1.1.1 (11.04.2015)
* Armenian translation added
* Lollipop 5.1 support
* Minor fixes
v. 1.1.0 (21.10.2014)
* Free version became Pro. Now you are able to use Pro version for free. Congrats :) Feel free to appreciate developer for that.
* Zoom with volume keys and/or touchscreen buttons
* Scene modes
* Some minor bug fixes and UI changes.
v. 1.0.7 (07.07.2014)
* Spanish translation added