AR Dance is an augmented reality app that lets you control dancing characters on your real world objects.
Works on almost any surface that is rich in contrast.
NO NEED TO PRINT OUT ANYTHING!
You dont need to print out a tracker image as in many other augmented reality apps!
Just take a picture of a contrasty image that lays on a surface in front of you and let the characters dance on it!
Currently in open beta
Please give me your feedback in the comments!
- 15+ different characters available! (Humans, monsters, zombies, skeletons, manga characters, animals)
- Many different dances and special moves available and even more to follow! Interactive Controls: You decide which dance your characters are performing.
- Play music from your own music library
- Bonus Feature: Background environment. I will add more backgrounds if you like this feature! Please give me your feedback in the comments!
Having trouble with this app?
You need bright lighting conditions & a contrasty tracker image with a flat surface (e.g. a photograph, magazine, book cover etc)!
My characters are displayed in a weird angle?
Please make sure that you hold your camera PARALLEL to the image when taking a picture as shown in the tutorial. (Press "Instructions" and "Capture New Target" to revisit this step)
The characters are flickering or jumping around?
Your image target might be unsuitable. Please make sure to follow these basic checklist for your image targets:
1. You need good lighting conditions for the augmented reality tracking to work. You can turn on the flash when capturing a new target if your device supports it.
2. Images rich in contrast work best. Consider using another image target if your tracking is unstable.
3. Also your tracking image needs to have a flat surface for best tracking
4. No repetitive patterns: e.g. a checkerboard is a bad target
Have fun with AR Dance Augmented Reality!
- Published in beta status! :)
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash on Nexus 4
- Added splash image
- Added song
- Added quit button