There is also an ad-free version of this application: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.archos.mediacenter.video
ARCHOS makes Video Player app available for all Android tablets and phones (requires Android 4.0 or later)!
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from any computer/network storage in your local network (SMB and UPnP) or from an external USB storage device;
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: Keyboard/remote control compatible.
* Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
TAGS: Video Player, Video Browser, Video Library, UPnP, SMB, NAS, Hardware accelerated video decoding, Movie Library, Media Library, Indexing, TV Show, Season, Episode, Subtitles, MKV, MP4, AVI, SRT
7.6.6 - June 17th, 2014
- Fix thumbnails on Android 4.4.3
- Fix subtitles download from UPnP
7.6.5 - May 13th, 2014
- Fix various crashes introduced by new release
- Fix playback on some Samsung devices running Android 4.4
7.6.2 - May 5th, 2014
- Add Trakt scrobbler support on paid application version (see http://trakt.tv/ for more information)
- More languages for subtitles download
- Add a preference menu to a hide subtitles by default
- Improve network share bookmark/resume