There is also an ad-free version of this application: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.archos.mediacenter.video
ARCHOS makes Video Player app available for all Android tablets and phones (requires Android 4.0 or later)!
The critically acclaimed Archos video player app offers an uncompromised multimedia experience.
- Hardware accelerated video decoding support for most devices and video formats;
- Ability to play content from any computer/network storage in your local network (SMB and UPnP) or from an external USB storage device;
- Automatic online retrieval of Movie and TV show information with poster and backdrop for both local and network content;
- Integrated subtitle downloader;
- Network indexing: import remote shared folders (SMB) in your multimedia library;
- Video browsing with either folder or library based navigation;
- Ubiquitous access to TV shows sorted in a series/season/episode hierarchical view;
- Multi-device network video resume;
- TV friendly: Keyboard/remote control compatible.
* Note that if you experience any issue with video hardware decoding you can force software decoding in Archos Video Player application settings to watch your video.
7.6.12 - November 10th, 2014
- Add support for Brazilian and Norwegian subtitles
- More robust sdcard detection scheme
- Fix video browser file list not being refreshed after folder deletion
- Fix compatibility issue with Acer intel based tablets
- Add support for Android TV
- Fix Tegra K1 crash at application launch