Till the end of 2013 the ad free/donation version is available for a special price!
This is the pro version of the Arduino Controller Android App .
Now it is possible to build your own customized arduino app!!
• To use this application you need an arduino with ethernet shield connected to your router
• Download the example sketch from the support forum and upload it to the arduino
• Import an Example to one of the eight profiles
• Set the IP of your Arduino device in the settings screen
• The IP can be found in the serial monitor. The port is "80" by default
• Edit the button text and the data strings in program mode
• Optionally you can set the application name like -My House- and set the profile names
for your projects like -arduino alarm- or -heat pump-
Now your Arduino controller is all set!
Sending commands to your arduino can be done in two ways, first you have 30 buttons with a text label that you can set in the settings screen. So the text on the buttons can be "on, off, up, down, 1,2, etc..." whatever you like. When the text labels are left empty, the buttons won't be visible in the main screen.
The command to be send to the arduino can be set in the settings screen as well.
The strings to send you can simply set "1,2,3,4,a,b,c, etc". When you hit a button it will send a GET request in the following format: "http://yourIPorURL:yourPort/?String" , "http://192.168.1.120:80/?1".
In the arduino you can retrieve the string that comes after the questionmark "?" and send back a simple html line that will show up in the browser view on the phone.
The second way to send data to your arduino is done with the two text boxes on the main screen.
This you can use to send the textbox values like "1365, 12,5, 2,57 (max. 4 digits)" to set things like "temperature, time, speed, etc".
In the settings screen you can set a prefix that will be send before the actual value.
When you hit the send button it will send a GET request in the following format:"http://yourip:yourport/?prefixvalue" , "http://192.168.1.120:80/?b2800".
I hope you can use this app in your arduino project and please let me know what you use it for.
If you have recommendations, found any bugs, or need extra buttons, please let me know as well.
When you like it please give it a rating on google play.
The arduino example sketch can be downloaded here http://db.tt/GMoyi6hg
Restructured the settings menu
Corrected some typo's
Now control up to 8 arduino projects with this application
Fixed some bugs
Enable or disable the profiles in settings
Fixed crash on keyboard "Next"
Now its possible to send values with the keyboard very quick
Fixed crash after resume
Fixed wrong view on tab select
Fixed some bugs that caused crashes. Thanks for all to feedback, it helps me alot!
Changes made to this version:
- complete new layout
- three different profiles
- example layout on profile 3 setup for the arduino example sketch
- password protected login
Changes made to this version:
-The size of the webview automatically adjusts to the content
-Improved use of resources and battery usage
-URL and IP support
-Custom activity name
-More buttons (32!)
-Buttons are hidden when you don't use them
-Strings can contain letters and numbers
• Added support for android 2.2 +
• Now it's possible to import, export and share the profiles
• Click in program mode to edit the button text
• Long click in program mode to edit the datastring send to the arduino
• In the default import folder there are two example profiles to use with the example arduino code
• Reset function added to remove all settings and start from scratch
• Option added to send the seekbar values on every change for quick response