Guildwars 2 - News Reader is a widget created to automatically get news about Guildwars 2 from multiple sources.
Every hour, the widget gets the latest news from the GW2 official website, from the GW2 Facebook page, and from GW2 Twitter feed, allowing you to have an instant access to all interesting information about your favorite game.
There are 2 display modes :
- One data source at a time : displays only news from the currently selected data source. You can switch between data sources with the button at the bottom of the widget.
- All sources sorted by date : displays news from all data sources, and sort them by their publication date.
You can change the display mode on the configuration screen.
By clicking on an article, the details screen appears. This screen contains a button (at the bottom) linking to the original source.
© 2012 ArenaNet, Inc. All rights reserved. NCsoft, the interlocking NC logo, ArenaNet, Arena.net, Guild Wars, Guild Wars Factions, Factions, Guild Wars Nightfall, Nightfall, Guild Wars: Eye of the North, Guild Wars Eye of the North, Eye of the North, Guild Wars 2, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCsoft Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Keywords : Guildwars, Guildwars 2, Guildwars2, RSS, News reader, Facebook, Twitter, ArenaNet, blog
- Fixed the problem with Twitter data feed (implemented OAuth 2 authentication)
- Removed the ArenaNet blog data feed (it was removed by ArenaNet)
- Removed the option to get the Guildwars 2 official site news directly from the website.
* Data is now only taken from the RSS feed
* This option was added because the RSS feed wasn't kept up to date, but the problem seems to be fixed