Watch and enjoy the masterpieces works of one of the best known and most respected post-impressionism painter of all time!
Completely free application for phone and tablet, ad supported.
* Gallery with 116 works to remember, including self-portraits
* 5 creative phases (1881-1884; 1884-1888; 1888; 1889; 1890)
* Full name of every work of art, with the year of creation
* All paintings in the gallery can be set as wallpaper
* Magnifying glass - zoom in 7 steps
* Portrait and landscape rotation supported
* Share option (facebook, twitter, dropbox, gmail, google+, bluetooth, messenger, publish it…)
* Understandable and easy for handling
* Working on android 2.0 and up
* Tested on all major devices
* File is a little higher, so please be patient while it downloads and installs. The pleasure is all yours.
* Some of the paintings from the gallery:
- Road in Etten 1881
- Two women in the woods 1882
- Montmartre, Paris 1886
- Self-portrait with pipe 1886
- A pair of shoes 1886
- Still life with apples, pears, lemons and grapes 1887
- Vase with daisies and anemones 1887
- Sunflowers 1888
- Starry night over the Rhone 1888
- Café terrace at night 1888
- Yellow house at Arles 1888
- Green wheat field with cypress, Saint Remy 1889
- The starry night 1889
- The bedroom 1888-89
- The church at Auvers 1890
- Tree roots 1890
and many other.
Vincent Willem Van Gogh, born March 30, 1853, was a Dutch post-impressionist painter whose work had a great influence on 20th century art for its vivid colors and emotional impact. He suffered from anxiety and mental illness throughout his life. He died at age 37 on July 29, 1890. What he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. His name at the time was not well known.
Van Gogh spent his early adulthood working for a many art dealers. When he was young, he wanted to become a pastor and preach the gospel, and from 1879 he worked as a missionary in a mining region in Belgium. During this time, he began to sketch people from the community and in 1885 painted his first major work, The Potato Eaters. The colors he used were dull, plain colors. Not until much later did he include much richer colors. In March 1886, he moved to Paris and discovered the French Impressionists. Later he moved to the south of France and was taken by the strong sunlight he found there. His work grew brighter in color and he developed the unique and highly recognizable style which became fully realized in 1888.
His fame grew in the years after his death. Today, he is widely regarded as one of history's greatest painters and an important contributor to the foundations of modern art. Van Gogh did not begin painting until his late twenties, and most of his best-known works were produced during his last two years. He produced more than 2,000 artworks, 900 being paintings and 1,100 drawings and sketches. His work had a strong influence on the modern art that followed. Today many of his pieces; including his numerous self-portraits, landscapes, portraits and sunflowers, are among the world's most recognizable and expensive works of art.