With the free ARTE app you can watch ARTE live or stream almost all of the channel’s TV programmes again, free of charge and free from advertising. What’s more, you can select any broadcast version (subtitled, French version, German version or subtitling for the deaf and hard-of-hearing) directly in the video player.
ARTE +7 gives you the opportunity to watch the programmes you’ve missed for seven days after they have been broadcast. The app enables you to find your chosen videos quickly, sorting them by date, programme or genre.
The “Programmes” heading presents the programmes for the coming week as well as for the previous seven days. Here you’ll find essential information about each programme as well as photos and a selection of excerpts and trailers.
The varied menu includes cinema, movies, TV series, news bulletins, documentaries on topical issues such as the environment, politics, Europe, medicine, history, economy, society and art, but also music with pop, rock and classical concerts. You’ll also be able to access informative magazine programmes, historical documentaries, cultural programmes and youth programmes ... straight from your mobile.
Scroll through upcoming programmes or videos that can be viewed for the next seven days and find your favourite TV shows easily, creating and managing your own list of favourites and subscriptions in “My ARTE”. Save your “must see” programmes straight to your calendar or add them to your favourites to receive “push” notification reminders.
And for even more choice, discover our other ARTE Future, ARTE Creative and ARTE Concert programmes under the “More ARTE” heading.
For legal reasons, our videos are geotagged and some of them are only available in France and Germany. Outside these two countries, access to “ARTE + 7” content is limited; the app will only show the videos that you have access to depending on where you are. ARTE Live can only be watched in France and Germany. Some live or replay programmes may be unavailable depending on your location.
Information about authorisations in the ARTE app:
- Network communication: the ARTE app shows ARTE content and videos
- Synchronization settings: data synchronization can be changed in the device settings or directly in the app. In order to do this, an ARTE account is registered on your Android device. No personal or anonymous data is transmitted to ARTE.
- Storage: System tools (protected memory access test)
- The images for each programme are saved on the buffer.
- Effect on battery usage (turn off standby): while watching the video, the screen lock is disabled.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Your ARTE team (www.arte.tv) | App Support (http://www.arte.tv/zuschauerdienst) | URL Marketing (http://arte.tv/apps)
- Possibility to register/unregister from push notifications
- Automatical playback for videos when opening a page (Autoplay)
- Design adaptations
- Small bug fixes
We are working on resolving the Chromecast issue.