Artemis is an essential part of Archery training for both the (semi)professional archer and the trainer/coach.
Artemis is used by Team Netherlands, Team Italy and Team Belgium, including top-archers and coaches like;
Sjef van den Berg, Peter Elzinga, Mike Schloesser, Mitch Dielemans, Irina Markovic, Inge Enthoven, Wietse van Alten, Ron van der Hoff, Emiel Custers and many others!
With Artemis you can record your score and plot your arrows, but it can do much, much more. Archery has (or actually always was) a game of statistics, and this app can helps you with the statistical analysis to become a better archer.
For recurve or compound, target or field, archer or trainer/coach, Artemis offers you the tools to improve your or your athletes' performance.
ArtemisLite is free to use. Upgrading to Premium will unleash all analysis potential and an upgrade to Coached is perfect for the close cooperation between athletes and coaches or for National Teams.
Artemis is developed by Marcel van Apeldoorn; a former international archer, aerospace researcher, software developer, and a coach of the Dutch recurve and compound team.
Artemis has been tried and tested in many international events; Worldcups, European and World Championships and is actively used by top international archers. Not only in their training and preparations but also during these international events.
With Artemis, you can;
Record your setups
- Use different bows, sights, setups, quivers with different arrows
- Store lots of different tuning parameters for each setup, compound or recurve
- Store different sight settings for different bows you own
- Create custom matches, any number of ends with any number of arrows
- Use QR tags to create and share your rounds/matches
- Many target faces (World-Archer, Field, IFAA)
Record your matches and training sessions
- Full screen, intuitive and fast, different ways to record your scores, for a single archer or multiple archers
- Indicates the scoring value for correct placement
- Easily reposition shots when misplaced
- Record shot ratings (to filter out the obvious bad shots)
- Record shot timing
- Identify which arrow was shot
- Customize almost everything you want to record
During matches, Artemis can advice you on;
- Sight adjustement. The app will detect trends in movement of groups and will very accurately advice in sight adjustements
- Arrow consistency. The app will alert you when an arrow starts to hitting outside of the group, so you can replace it with a different arrow
- Review your color coded scorecard with lots of extra information
- Review your grouping and the trend of your grouping
- Review the individual arrow performances/grouping
After match performance analysis
- Plot your scores in time
- Plot your average scoring
- Plot your volumes per week or month
- Make scatter plots of shot timing vs accuracy achieved (gives in indication of how important shot timing is for you)
- Compare almost anything; build your own filters to compare different archers, bows, setups, different quivers, or individual arrows
- Compare shots on different target faces shot on different distances with each other
- Compare different archers, bows, arrows on a single target face or on a so-called 4-view (4 target faces at the same time)
And many more
- Share your results on facebook or email your coach with end-by-end face plots and scorecards
- No internet access required
- Your information is not sent to some database you do not have control over
- Backup and restore your database (on the device itself or on Google Drive)
- Import someone else database
- Synchronize your database with your coach/trainer
- Show your matches on a world map
It's not a simple app... but neither is becoming a top archer. You need to put in the effort and then Artemis will play an important role in your Archery!
2.10, the 'GT' edition
* Timer countdown now includes the voice of George Techmitchov! Big thanks to George Techmitchov for lending his voice and to Andy MacDonald for setting this up and providing the sound files.
* Added 1/48th and 1/24th elimination rounds to the WA 70m and 50m round, and changed the thumbnail target face for 18m rounds. Thanks Thomas Rufer
* Solved bug when a stopwatch time is using a ',' due to Locale settings (instead of a '.') and the format is not recognized.