The Asia Air Quality widget shows the real-Time Air Quality Index (AQI) for more than 2000 stations/cities in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea and Japan.
The Air Quality data sources varies depending on the cities:
- The US Embassy PM2.5 data is used for Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu and Guangzhou.
- The China Ministry Environment Pollution Departement PM10 data is used for all other cities in China.
- For Hong Kong and Taiwan, the respective Environment agencies PM2.5 data is used.
- For Singapore, the Singapore National Environment Agency PM2.5 data is used.
- For the other countries, please refer to our website (aqicn.org)
The overall AQI, PM2.5 and PM10 measurements are updated every hour.
In order to install the widget, you need to insert it on the homescreen:
- If you are using Android 4.0 (Ice Cream sandwich), select the "All Apps" icon (usually on the top-right corner), then the widget tab, and click on the "Beijing Air" widget.
- If you are using any other version below 4.0, you need to long-press in an empty area on the default home screen and select "Widgets", and then "Beijing Air".
For more information, you can consult the website aqicn.org.
- PM10, PM2.5, Ozone and temperature real-time graphs shown in the main screen.
- Improved graph rendering for retina and large displays.
- You can now automatically search for the closest station to your location.
Updated city list:
- Now covers more than 1000 stations and around 250 cities in mainland China.
- A more than 3000 stations worldwide.