The Audio Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary defines the vocabulary students need to succeed in high school and beyond.
Its entries include more than 2,000 key vocabulary items from the content areas of math, the arts, chemistry, earth science, physics, American and world history, social studies, language arts, and other disciplines, as well as the more general vocabulary used in academic writing and speech, such as "analyze," "derive," and "subsequent." The dictionary also provides Cambridge pre-recorded audio pronunciations and full coverage of the everyday words and phrases students need to know. It is based on extensive Corpus research and developed with the needs of English learners in mind.
* Easy-to-understand definitions make the meanings clear.
* Full-sentence examples show how English is really used.
* Usage notes help students avoid common mistakes.
* Word Family and Word Choices boxes help students expand their vocabulary and choose the right word.
* Reference Pages provide useful information about geography, science, math, literature, and more.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
Version 4.3.102 features:
* Offline audio pronunciations