Nothing beats Audubon mobile field guides! With 1 million downloads, they are the most trusted authoritative field guide collection in North America. Highest quality at an affordable price.
We are proud that 8% of every sale goes directly to Audubon to support its mission to conserve and protect nature's at-risk birds and wildlife.
Did you know the California Condor is the largest flying bird in North America with a wingspan of over nine feet?
On your next trip to California, see this remarkable endangered species for yourself! Bring along your Audubon Birds California mobile app, and find out more fun facts! Identify over 475 species with in-depth descriptions, thousands of professional photographs, range maps, bird songs, and much more! Advanced search functions allow you to search birds by wing shape, locomotion, song type, song pattern, and likelihood by month. The app also includes detailed descriptions and visitor information on dozens of ‘Birding Hot Spots’ and other natural areas, and an overview of the region’s natural highlights. Take flight with Audubon Guides as you explore the Pacific Flyway. California is your next birding adventure!
• This app is optimized for Android Version 2.1+. Suggested minimum device CPU is 800 mhz. The App's 565 MB database installs directly to the SD card with Version 2.2+.
With Version 2.1 the app database must be moved manually to the SD card through Settings.
• PLEASE NOTE: This app is not yet compatible for the honeycomb tablet.
All Guides Feature
*Feature availability varies by subject within the app – Not all apps have every feature.
• Fast and easy navigation
• Universal dashboard – allowing you to move back and forth between species information, personalized ‘Life Lists’ and ‘Sightings,’ search functions, and more
• State-of-the-art search functions:
o Browse by common name (first/last) and scientific name
o Search by multiple “Advanced Search” variables including size, shape, color, and State/Province by month
• Real time availability – No Internet connection required
• High-quality professional color photographs
• Authoritative In-depth descriptions of each species, family, and additional reference material – Including natural history, topic overview, and how-to explanations
• Species range maps with color key – Including wintering range maps for migratory birds
• High-quality audio songs and calls
• Similar species comparisons
• Ability to create your own ‘Life Lists,’ Sightings,’ and take photos of species – Record your personal field experiences
About Audubon Guides:
Audubon Guides are a comprehensive suite of digital field apps created in alliance with National Audubon Society (NAS). For more information, please see: http://natureshare.com/home.html#apps.
About the Developer:
Green Mountain Digital, the world's largest publisher of digital field guides, collectively generating over 1 million downloads; over 100 App Store promotions; and numerous awards. It was founded in 2009 in Woodstock, VT. The company has designed and published more than 75 mobile apps across multiple platforms, including Audubon Birds of North America, Orvis Fly Fishing: The Ultimate Guide, GardenMinder, Sailing World: Knots and Splices, FishBlue, and NatureTap. GMD is the creator of NatureShare, an innovative social platform that allows users to collect wildlife sightings and outdoor experiences and share them with others.
Visit Us Today!
For any assistance, please email [email protected]