Why this app?
1. Unlimited locations! Get auspicious timings for any place on earth.
2. Sunset and sunrise time included.
3. The time calculated is highly accurate.
4. Light weight.
5. Extremely user friendly
6. Get auspicious timing for your current location via GPS.
The concept of Kalams
According to Vedic astrology, certain parts of the day are inauspicious periods and one should not undertake any auspicious work during these periods – especially any new undertaking. These timings are Rahu, Gulika and Yamaghanda.
Gulika-kaalam (or simply 'Gulik') is a period of approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes duration every day of the week. This time duration is ruled by 'Shani' (Saturn). This period is considered to be inauspicious to start any important work.
Rahu-kaalam (time of the snake, or Dragon's Head): Any activity or journey away (short or long distance) started during this time is bound to meet a significant degree of failure, lack of success or postponement.
Yamaganda-kaalam (death time): Any activity commenced during this time invites the 'death' of the work or energies relating to that work.
Avoid these 3 kalams to start any important activities in your life and start experiencing the change in your life!
How to use the app
The auspicious time depends on the place, date and the DST of the place. So inorder to calculate the auspicious time...
1. You have to key in the location eg. London.
2. You can confirm the place by using the search button.
3. Select the date for which you want to calculate the timings.
4. If the location that you entered will be observing DST during the dates you entered, then check the DST checkbox. Check in the internet if the place you are searching for is observing DST during these dates.
5. Once these details are given, select the Show timings button. This will show the 3 inauspicious times of the day. 6. Choose any other time other than the 3 displayed to plan your activities.\n\n Timings for your Current Location\n\nIn case you need to search for the auspicious time of the current location you are in now, feed in DST information, date and then press the Show timings on my current location.
In case of any compatibility issue mail me before leaving a feedback.