Avalon Router is a navigation planner that computes optimized routes for sail and motor boats.
The Coastal version is free.
It is based on the NOAA GFS 0.5 degrees model.
It runs on Android 4.x (tablet or phone).
Main Features :
. Routing up to 24 hours
. 2 degrees (approx 120 miles) around starting point
. Charting based on Google Maps
. Board Book included
. Connection to social networks to share your cruises with friends
. About 110 boat polars (additional polars on demand)
. Polars managed at sail set level
. Mixed sailing + engine routing
. Security limits based on acceptable wind speed (gust or established)
. Flexible starting point (position and time)
. Worldwide coverage
. Boat efficiency in % (to integrate boat and/or crew capabilities)
. Interface to navigation systems via GPX or KML interface
- Added Check to hide/show route markers
- Boats inventory, display number of boats for brand
- Added direct access to boat (when more than five boats)
- Added time spent sail/engine in route details
- Added checking of distance between route points