Avanti are pleased to introduce our latest product to assist with Ka-band satellite field installations – the Avanti Mobile Assist Android app. This app allows all stages of a standard Hughes installation to be carried out using only an Android smartphone with the help of built-in sensors. This eliminates the requirement for:
• Horizon satellite meter
• External GPS unit
• Camera (for reporting)
The Avanti Mobile Assist app allows you to perform:
• Install job management – download (WiFi / 3G), scan (QR code) or receive (SMS) install jobs directly to phone with necessary equipment, beam configuration, location and contact details.
• Satellite modem configuration – configure Hughes terminals via WiFi connectivity by connecting an off-the-shelf WiFi router / access point to the satellite modem.
• Dish placement – using built in GPS, compass and accelerometer / gyroscope to calculate and display the location of the satellite on-screen, using either a compass view or “Augmented Reality”.
• Dish alignment – carry out fine alignment of the antenna over WiFi, using the built in beeper tool, without the need of a satellite meter.
• Service Test – run network IP & DNS connectivity, latency, download and upload speed tests of the commissioned service
• Reporting – report details of the install directly from the phone by taking photos of the site with the built in camera and use the barcode scanner to store equipment serial numbers. All reports are uploaded to the OSS via the commissioned internet connection.
The only device an installer needs is 1) an off-the-shelf wireless access point / router and 2) an Android smartphone.
Please report any feature request or bug report to: [email protected]
• Support for jobs with "Routed" IP address or DHCP disabled.
• Added an option to skip commissioning/configuration step (if terminal already in service)
• Fixed bug with SMS jobs on device with Google Hangouts and Kitkat (4.4) installed.
• Beam information also displayed within parenthesis next to the Hub
• Re-align antenna (under Service Visit) now first disables TX, then re-enables it after alignment is done
• Added link to launch Hughes web interface from Service Visit screen