Android Vehicle Anti-Theft System (AVATS) is an application that alerts you if someone tries to steal or move your vehicle. Simply place/hide your phone under the seat of your motorcycle or car, then enable the alarm. If motion is detected, the alarm will activate and alerts/reports will be sent to you instantly by SMS, e-mail and/or by calling a secondary phone of your choice. The application uses your phone's accelerometer to detect motion. With this technique it typically only takes a few seconds for the application to alert you (depending on the quality of service of your network provider).
The application can be configured to send GPS positions by SMS and/or e-mail. As a result, if the thief somehow escapes with your vehicle in his/her possession, you'll at least know where it is. The application will, with regular intervals, continue to send GPS positions until the alarm is disabled.
Another neat feature is that the application supports profiles. This means that you seamlessly can switch between different application configurations. You can create one profile when the vehicle is parked outside your home, another profile when parked at work, a third profile when visiting your parents and so on where each profile, as an example, may call a different phone number when the alarm is activated.
The application can be controlled remotely to enable/disable the alarm using SMS messaging using a secondary phone. There is also a remote control application, AVATS Remote, that can be downloaded from Android Market that allows you to control the alarm by sending messages over the Internet (or by SMS messaging).
Although the application was originally designed to protect street-parked motorcycles, it can also be used to protect cars, bicycles and other vehicles as well.
##### Main features #####
- Multiple profiles allows for seamless switching between different alarm configurations (home, work, parents place, etc.).
- Dial-up alert when alarm is activated.
- SMS and/or e-mail reports when alarm is activated.
- SMS and/or e-mail reports with current GPS position of your vehicle.
- SMS and/or e-mail reports when battery of phone runs low.
- Multiple SMS and e-mail recipients.
- Remote access to enable/disable alarm using either SMS or Internet messaging.
- Automatic or manual motion sensor (accelerometer) calibration.
Visit our website (http://avatsweb.appspot.com/) for more information about this and other related applications.
##### SMS commands for remote control #####
Send SMS message with contents:
- "enable": to enable the alarm.
- "disable": to disable the alarm.
##### Known issues #####
- It is very important that you do NOT manually lock your phone after you have enabled the alarm as this disables the motion detector (accelerometer). The alarm only works when the application is the (top most) active user interface. To save battery power, the application automatically dims the screen as much as possible when the alarm is enabled. The dimming behavior can be configured in the application preferences.
##### Disclaimer #####
This application is provided to you as is without any guarantees or warranty.
Although the author has attempted to find and correct any bugs in the application, the author is not responsible for any damage or losses of any kind caused by the use or misuse of the application.
Every effort is made to keep the application up and running smoothly. However, the author of this application takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the application being unable to function correctly due to technical issues beyond the author's control.