Aviator Clocks is designed for anyone who loves flying, or just airplanes in general. Face it, the analog clock that came with your phone is rather boring, and really needs to be replaced with one that is customized for your interests. Developed by an ex-flight test engineer (F-16) and an ex-helicopter pilot (UH-1H), this app is really a badge of honor for any serious aviation fan.
The free version comes with 3 airplane clock themes that can quickly be changed by touching the clock face and choosing a new one from a menu. A license key can be purchased for $2.99 which unlocks 8 more flying themes to satisfy any pilot...yes, helo drivers we even have a rotor tach for you. The license key is a one-time purchase, which Google Play will manage so that all themes will be unlocked on your other Android devices too.
- No advertisements (i.e. phone FOD)
- 11 different clock faces:
- Altimeter (free)
- Turbofan Engine (free)
- Airspeed Indicator (free)
- Radial Engine
- Directional Gyro
- Radar Screen
- Artificial Horizon
- Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Rotor Tachometer
- Flight Helmet (new)
- Multi-Function Display (new)
Note: This is a widget and not an application, so it will not show up in your app list. To add a widget, do the following:
1) Open the app drawer.
2) Select the 'Widgets' tab.
3) Long press on 'Aviator Clocks' and drop it on your home screen.
Instructions for Android 3.2 and below:
1) Choose an empty space on your home screen.
2) Hold your finger there (long press) until a menu appears.
3) Select the 'Widgets' menu item.
4) Select 'Aviator Clocks'.
1) Touching the clock face will open up the menu for changing themes.
2) A long press on the clock face will allow resizing (Android 3.1 and above).
3) If your display is small, you may need to scroll to see all clock themes.
4) Can be used as a screen lock widget (Android 4.2 and above).
WARNING: For the 'Artificial Horizon' and 'Heads Up Display' themes, the hour hand controls the horizon...so don't panic when you find yourself in a tight turn or even inverted at various times during the day. Also, for you chopper pilots, the 'Rotor Tach' theme will display a dangerous flying condition for most hours of the day.
Troubleshooting: Some versions of Android are slow to update their widget list, so you may have to give it a few minutes for Aviator Clocks to show up. If you don't have patience for this, a quick phone power off/on should force the list to update (not a very elegant solutions, but it is a failsafe one for the vast array of phones out there).
Note: If Aviator Clocks still does not show up in your widget list, it is because Android sometimes blocks widgets that are installed to the SD card (which CyanogenMod does by default). To fix this, do the following:
1) Open up Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications.
2) Select 'Aviator Clocks'.
3) Click the 'Move to Internal Storage' or 'Move to Phone' button.
Keywords: sierra hotel, fighter jock, wingman, centurion, NFOD, Martin-Baker fan club, HOTAS, flathatting, air wing, CAVU, sortie, check six, IFR, fangs out, conning, booming
- New MFD clock theme (for licensed users).
- Added an ICP to the HUD clock theme.
- Added link to Kubitz Inc apps on Google Play.
- Four levels of resizing (Android 3.1 and above).