I. Summary Features:
1. Users can setup their own categories and items for their expense.
2. A 3-level drill down list allows users to browse all transaction data easily.
3. The percentage of the transaction categories is plotted with a bar chart to assist users ananlyzing their financial status.
4. All data can be exported/retrieved from the database thru email. An attached file of the email is a data delimited file and can be imported to any spreadsheet software.
5. Data in the database can be deleted manually with a specified date range.
Step 1. Setup Parameters/Delete data
1. Users input or configure categories and associated member items as needed.
2. Users can select date ranges to remove unwanted data to reduce memory consumption whenever they need.
Step 2. Enter an Expense
Users enter a transaction with selected date, category, and associated item, and then a value. A remark field is also available for additional description as a memo.
Step 3. View Expense List (A drill-down style list.)
1st level: users see the total values of categories that have entered transaction data. Click on the next (->) button on a desired category to the next level.
This is to view all transactions within the selected date ranges under the selected category in the Step 1. Click on the next (->) button on a desired expense to the next level.
This level shows the detail transaction entries. Users can also make any modifications on this page.
Step 4: View Transaction Chart
A bar chart is used to list percentages of non-zero-value categories.
Step 5: View Summary Report and eMail
A report is generated based on the selected date range. Users can email the report to anyone with an attached file including all expenses' detal.
i.The default selected date range is one month.
ii. Users can delete data after the data is emailed out to reduce memory usuage.
iii. Up to 18 categories can be plodefinedtted on a chart.
iv. Twelve categories are preset. You can add/modify/delete as needed. The default categories are
10 expense categories: