Are you a backgammon master? Are you simply a newbie?
tired of weak AI or cheating rolls?
Backgammon Mobile is the game you have to try!
NOW available ONLINE GAMING on Google+, FIBS or TigerGammon
Do you think we cheat? Try our new MANUAL DICES feature!
- Best and smartest FLOSS backgammon AI (gnubackgammon)
- Full match play + Doubling Cube + Crawford Rule
- 8 Difficulty levels
- Google PLay Games services integration
- Online multiplayer with Google+ circles
- 27 game achievements
- Global leaderboards
- online multiplayer on FIBS/TigerGammon
- Manual dices (no cheats!)
- Save and restore matches
- Export matches on SGF file format, for offline analysis*
- Three boards/checker sets available
- Clockwise and AntiClockwise checkers direction
- Single or Double player mode
- Two variants (Backgammon and Nackgammon)
- Two Moves mechanic (Single/Auto or Double Tap)
- Undo moves
- Designed for both Tablet and Phone
- Real randomized rolls via Marsenne Twister algorithm
* SGF (Smart Game Format) is a general purpose file format that describe board games. You can analyze your match with GNU Backgammon for desktop
Does it cheat? NO! It's free software - simply look at source code on github
A frequent complaint from some, new to NN (neural net) backgammon programs is "the program cheats". No, it does not cheat. If you are not convinced of this, try one of the NN programs (gnubg, jellyfish) that offer a "manual dice" feature. You will find that they win just as well you roll the dice or not. The perception that a skilled opponent is always incredibly lucky is a due to a combination of human nature..we remember our bad luck and forget the good rolls, and an ignorance of the subtle methods that experienced players use to maximize their chances.
Backgammon Mobile is released under GPL v3 license.
For any suggestion or problem, please contact us at [email protected]
Note: this app is supported by unobtrusive Ads - the requested permissions are a requirement of Google AdMob
or "in-app payments"-based donations.
If you enjoyed the app, please rate it!
KeyWords: GNU, GNU Backgammon, Backgammon Free, GPL, gnubg, narde, tavli, tavla, FIBS, online, multiplayer, TigerGammon, FREE, Backgammon live
FIX: crash on Gingerbread
FIX: Google Play EndGame behaviour
FEATURE: Multiplayer Cubeful Money session (Google play games)
FIX: immersive mode
FIX: minor bugs
FEATURE: greedy auto bearoff
FEATURE: new dice generator (Mersenne-twister, ISAAC, Manual)
FIX: better google play services support
FEATURE: immersive mode
UPDATE: gnubg AI v1.03.001
UPDATE: AI multithread support