All smartphones that don't have dedicated notification LED can't inform you about new messages or calls when sleeping. "Blinking buttons" is what you remember from older phones.
This application will do it for you.
It informs you only about missed calls and unread SMS messages.
It's very simple and doesn't have unnecessary features.
Application notifies you only when screen is turned off.
It doesn't consume battery when there is nothing to notify.
- start after device reboot
- select interval between notifications
- select hours of silence (no sound and backlight notifications)
- select a time after which notification is stopped
- two kinds of notification
- long notification for SMS messages cointaining specyfic keywords. (Functionality designed for people who want to be alarmed when something happens in the systems they care about)
1. Button backlight (ROOT needed):
- blinking when new sms or missed call is found
- select length of blink
- method of blinking (one blink / number of blinks = number of unread items)
2. Sound notification (Without ROOT):
- select ringtone
- select volume
This kind of notifications needs to wake your smartphone up (it is not a hardware solution). During notification whole device uses power... except screen. If you want to safe a battery you must choose longer intervals and shorter sound.
It is possible that for some devices and androids appliaction doesn't have proper definitions and will not work. In that case you can define your own settings or let me know using my email.
Possibility to start the service with or without icon in notification bar (advanced options)
Change log added
Email account to read e-mails and notify
Sound selection changed from Ringtone to Notification type
1 and 2 sec blink added
Chinese localisation added
New functionality - Warning window for SMS messages containing keywords
Sound stream can be selected for notification