*** You will not be able to use our new app on a rooted device ***
You can now Pay a Contact through this update to the app we launched in January, that’s faster, easier to use, and very secure.
Pay a Contact – The new, easy way to send and receive payments between friends and family using just a mobile number. We’ll show you how to set up Pay a Contact once you’ve registered the app.
Everyday Offers – Click. Shop. Enjoy. You’ll soon be able to view and activate offers while out and about – so you can earn as you spend, and see your total cashback earned.
Don’t forget…You can still log in to Mobile Banking using just 3 characters from your memorable information. You'll need to register your device the first time you use the new app, to create a secure link between your unique Internet Banking profile and your mobile device. It takes just a few minutes and you’ll only need to do it once for each device you use. If you’ve already done this, you won’t need to do it again with this update.
Our new app also has the most common features you’re used to, so you can:
- Check the balances on your UK personal accounts
- Transfer funds between your eligible accounts
- Make payments to new and existing recipients
- View full transaction histories
- Find your nearest Bank of Scotland branch or ATM, or LINK ATM
What you’ll need to register:
- Android device running at least Android 2.3
- Data access on your device
- Bank of Scotland UK personal account with Internet Banking username, password and memorable information
- Up-to-date phone number that you’ve registered with us, so we can reach you while you register your device. (If you haven’t registered one, we’ll need to send you a letter to complete the process. You can still use Mobile Banking on your mobile browser until this arrives.)
Keeping you safe online
We use the latest security measures to protect your money, personal information and privacy. We also have a banking guarantee that ensures you won’t be out-of-pocket if you're a victim of online fraud. For the vast majority of our customers, this situation will never arise, especially if you take a few simple steps to protect yourself online. Find our full Fraud Guarantee and security guidelines at http://mobile.bankofscotland.co.uk/mbank/security.html
We don't charge you for Mobile Banking but your mobile operator may charge you for some services, please check with them. Services may be affected by phone signal and functionality. Mobile Banking is available to our UK personal Internet Banking customers. Terms and conditions apply.
Everyday Offers is available to Bank of Scotland bank account customers aged 18+. Merchant offers and cashback amounts vary. Other terms and conditions apply.
We collect non-personally identifiable location data when you use this app. We use this for fraud and security purposes, to help us fix bugs, and improve the services we can provide in the future.
The Branch/ATM finder uses location based services. We, LINK Scheme and/or Google may access data about your location (i.e. GPS signals from your mobile device) or data which can be used to approximate your location (such as your mobile ID).
We know security is important to you and we want you to feel safe online. Emails from us will always greet you personally using your title and surname and include either the last 4 digits of your account number or the last part of your postcode '*** 1AB'. For text alerts, check they come from BANKOFSCOT and quote the last four digits of your account number.
Bank of Scotland plc, Registered in Scotland No. SC327000. Registered Office: The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 1YZ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
*** This update includes a fix for problems on some devices when upgrading from the previous app version. ***
* You will not be able to use this app on a rooted device *
- Extended compatibility: now works on Android 2.3 devices and above.
- You can now use the app to Pay a Contact - the new, easy way to send and receive payments between friends and family using just a mobile number.
- Everyday Offers: coming soon, you’ll be able to view and activate your offers when you’re out and about.