This app not only displays your local barometric pressure, but visualizes a complete history of measurements as well as an estimation of your altitude !
For such a history to be useful, the app autonomously takes measurements once in a while. In order not to drain your battery, you have lots of configuration options to fine-tune the app's behaviour and to find an ideal trade-off between measurement resolution and battery consumption.
Therefore, this app is ideally suited not only for hobby meteorologists, but also for alpinists, mountaineers, skydivers, glider pilots, etc.
If you have any questions, experience any bugs or have feature requests, don't hesitate to get in contact and visit the homepage at http://barometer.hyfy.de
Note: you actually need a pressure sensor (barometer) in your device (as e.g. in the Nexus Prime, Galaxy Nexus)!
- Open Source (GPL v3)
- Up-to-date atmospheric pressure information
- Estimation of altitude
- Absolute and normalized pressure display.
- History of past measurements
- Homescreen widgets
- Support for different units, e.g. mbar, bar, hPa, kPa, Pa, inHg, mmHg, torr, psi, at, atm
- Reference settings for altitude estimations (in meter, foot, degree celsius and fahrenheit)
- Statusbar notifications
- Multitouch chart to zoom and scroll within your measurement history
- Time- and Size-based Window operators for displaying measurements
- Selective clearance of history
- Battery Guard adapting measurement intervals upon low battery state
- Lots of configuration options
- Configuration profiles to ease the use
- Detailed technical information about built-in pressure sensor(s)
- Measurement and behaviour statistics
Configuration options include:
- Set the measurement interval
- Select your favorite pressure and altitude units
- Set the persistence interval
- Smooth measurements by calculating averages
- Restrict size of history
- Compact history using different modes
- Turn on/off sensor service and statusbar notifications
- Auto-start barometer service upon device boot
- Enable/disable multitouch gestures
- Foreground-service option to prevent being killed upon low memory
- Acquire wake-locks to not miss a measurement due to Android's power management policies
- Set the update rate for the history chart
- Use size- or time-based sliding windows to only view the most current measurements
- Auto-scale history chart or specify upper and lower boundaries
- Adapt the visual appearance of the history chart to your needs (fonts, grid lines, date format, etc.)
This app respects your privacy ! No personal data is given to third parties. This app is open source and licenced under the GPL v3.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: used to auto-start the barometer service taking measurements. Can be turned off !
- WAKE_LOCK: used for measurement rates below 0.1 Hz to keep the CPU running in order not to miss a measurement. Can be turned off !
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: required for the option to export the measurement history as a file.
Future permission requirements will include:
- GPS for automatically setting the reference altitude and for retrieving current pressure values from webservices if you do not have a pressure sensor
- Internet in order to retrieve current pressure values from webservices if you do not have a pressure sensor
After 47 feature and bug-fix releases Barometer Prime is finally out of BETA phase. Nevertheless, please keep reporting any further bugs or feature requests to [email protected]
Thank you !
+ fixed a widget bug showing wrong value if not mBar
+ added feature to apply a constant correction value to all measurements (see Preferences -> Visualization)
+ minor bug fixes