The Baron Weather WxWorx app has been updated with a new, faster interface, and renamed to Critical Weather.
The Critical Weather app alerts you to impending weather danger at locations like home, work or your kids’ school, so you can protect your family by knowing what’s coming—up to 15 minutes before the storm arrives. It’s also a great year-round weather app, compete with current conditions, forecasts and an easy-to-use weather map with radar, satellite imagery and more.
Choose to receive any or all of these alert types:
- Special Baron alerts for dangerous storms approaching, as well as “twisting” storms that may cause tornadoes
- National Weather Service storm-based warnings for tornadoes, severe thunderstorms and flash floods
- Integrated SAF-T-Net® weather alerts with Baron Tornado Index (BTI) rankings for up to four locations, including your current location
- Current and forecast conditions based on city, zip code or your current location
- Nationwide radar, satellite imagery, temperature and more
- Interactive weather map with pan and zoom
- National Hurricane Center (NHC) track forecast cones
- 3 and 7-day forecasts in both quick-view and detailed formats
- National Weather Service county and storm-based warnings on the map
FEATURING TORNADO PREDICTION WITH THE BARON TORNADO INDEX®
The Baron-exclusive alerts are accompanied by a simple 1-to-10 ranking on the likelihood of a tornado within the approaching storm cell. Called the Baron Tornado Index (BTI), this ranking is more local and accurate than regional alerts.
USE THE APP EVERY DAY
The Critical Weather is also a powerful everyday weather app, with nationwide radar, forecasts, satellite imagery, current conditions and more. An easy-to-use slider lets you scan through the next 24 hours of forecasted conditions, so you can see what the weather will be like at times and locations important to you.
***NOTE FOR CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS OF SAF-T-NET TEXT MESSAGES, EMAILS AND VOICE CALLS:
To avoid receiving duplicate alerts from the app and your existing SAF-T-Net text/email/voice account, please text “stop” to 61872, or log in to your web-based account to disable your current alerts. To prevent disruption in service, it is recommended that you configure alerts in the app before disabling your original account. You can configure your weather notifications in the app by tapping the Critical Weather logo at the top-left of your app, then tapping “SAF-T-Net Alerts”.
- Bug Fixes