(Note: you also need Paul Laughton's BASIC! on your Android device (available on Google Play), and the BASIC! Launcher PC Package on your computer.)
BASIC! is a simple yet powerful dialect of Dartmouth Basic that allows you to write and run programs directly on your Android device.
While BASIC! includes a built-in editor, many users expressed the need to write their program on their own computer, and be able to test it on Android with a simple press of a key.
BASIC! Launcher offers you that: you get the comfort of a keyboard + big screen as well as a rich code editor and by pressing F5 your program is instantly transfered over the air and launched on your Android device for immediate testing.
After download, run the BASIC! Launcher (WiFi) on your Android device and hit the Home key to send it to the background. The app will intercept transfers from your computer and launch the incoming program. No additional configuration needed; as long as computer and phone are on the same LAN they autodetect each other.
You will need in addition to this app:
- BASIC! (on your Android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rfo.basic
- BASIC! Launcher PC Package (on your computer) http://mougino.free.fr/basiclauncher.html
NB1: the transfer of the file can also be done by cable with the Android device plugged to your computer (USB-debugging option needs to be activated). In this case you don't need the BASIC! WiFi Launcher of course, but you still need BASIC! and the BASIC! Launcher PC Package. See details at http://mougino.free.fr/basiclauncher.html
NB2: after developing and testing your BASIC! program, you could be interested to build it into an APK and distribute it (for example on Google Play) then have a look at my other software RFO-BASIC! App Builder at http://mougino.free.fr/appbuilder.html
BASIC! Launcher (WiFi) was written in BASIC! for Android and compiled with RFO-BASIC! App Builder. Its source code is under GNU GPL license and available at http://mougino.free.fr/basiclauncher_sourcecode.html
- Rewrote WiFi transfer core. Increased performances
- Bundled ADB (USB transfer tool) in the PC installer
- Solved the random USB error "access denied"
- Added a readme + test program after installation
- Updated the keyword list with RFO-BASIC! v01.80
- Updated Notepad++ to v6.6.6 and Scite to v1.4.3
- Force-stop BASIC! before running USB-synced program
Don't forget to update PC version to v0.7 at http://mougino.free.fr/basiclauncher.html