The CBeebies Storytime app is filled with free story books for young children and is a great way to enjoy reading books with your little one. Open the book to discover a world of stories featuring much-loved CBeebies characters, turn the page and choose your favourite story from CBeebies classics: Sarah and Duck, Peter Rabbit, Something Special, Charlie and Lola, and more.
CBeebies Storytime makes reading fun, with playful and imaginative stories designed to help support early years reading. Entertaining things to touch, swipe and play with in each story and questions to help develop comprehension skills, means you and your little ones can enjoy reading, playing and learning together.
No adverts, no in-app purchases and a parental lock to make sure little fingers don’t wander too far means parents can have peace of mind whilst little ones enjoy a very special story time, playing along with their CBeebies favourites.
Parents and carers of young children can also find out more information on helping to support their child’s reading development and how to get the most out of this app in the dedicated Grown-Ups section.
CBeebies Storytime also features an accessibility mode which helps children with a range of abilities to enjoy reading stories. To find out more and to activate this, go to the more info button in the Grown-Ups section of the app.
CBeebies Storytime does not collect any personally identifiable information from you or your child.
This app may ask you to allow permission to use your device microphone; however, this information is only held on your device and is not accessed by the BBC.
The device uses performance cookies for internal purposes to help us to improve the app. For more details please see our CBeebies Grown Ups FAQ page http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/grownups/help/faqs or for information about the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy
Fun Features include:
• Interactive CBeebies Branded stories including: Sarah and Duck, Charlie and Lola, Peter Rabbit and more.
• A ‘Read to Me’ and Read by Myself’ option to accommodate different reading abilities
• Recall Questions at the end of each story aid the development of comprehension skills
• Each story includes guided interaction points to help Parents have fun with their child and help support their learning development
• Grown Ups section including tips to support you and your child’s reading development, including links to more useful information from CBeebies Grown Ups
• The app includes an accessibility mode activated via the Grown Ups More Info section
• A secure parental lock for any external link
• Links to more free, fun things to enjoy from CBeebies on your mobile and tablet
A small update so the Storytime app will work on child-friendly profiles.