Specially updated 70th anniversary edition with original radio and film footage and a foreword by television presenter and historian, Dan Snow.
Veterans of D-Day give their own account of one of the single greatest military operations the world has ever seen. Their testimonies are featured in an interactive timeline, which also includes radio and film footage recorded on D-Day itself. Contains:
- Compelling interviews with some of the final remaining survivors of D-Day filmed for the BBC series D-Day: The Last Heroes, presented by Dan Snow.
- Incredible radio and film archive footage recorded by war correspondents embedded with the troops.
- An interactive timeline of events and key strategic moments in the battle.
- Original annotated scripts of BBC radio broadcasts.
- Biographies of the veterans and war correspondents featured in the ebook.
This ebook offers a powerful insight into D-Day, when thousands of individual acts of heroism contributed to the success of one of the most important battles of the Second World War. Here some of the last survivors describe their own role in the events of this historic day, alongside archive radio and film recordings and original scripts of BBC radio broadcasts. Together these extraordinary reports bring the details of the battle vividly to life, 70 years after D-Day itself.