- Listen live to all BBC Radio stations
- Browse hundreds of on-demand programmes
- Download podcasts to listen on the go
- Discover new music with Playlister
- Amazing audio quality over WiFi or 3G/4G
- Radio alarm - wake up with live radio
- Video and audio clips, including many live performances
- Schedules that go backwards by 7 days for easy catch-up
- Set reminders for future shows
- Connect to Bluetooth audio devices
- Share programmes and tracks with your friends
Please note: Streaming radio is a data-intensive service.
The BBC does not charge for mobile content, but your operator's charges for using the internet over mobile networks may apply, and may be significantly increased whilst roaming outside of the UK. Connecting via WiFi is recommended where possible.
- Due to a firmware issue with some Samsung devices (including the Galaxy S4) specifically those running 4.4.2 Touchwiz version of Android, any kind of ‘seeking’ within the audio is currently failing. When you stop listening, the app remembers the position and then tries to seek back to that position when you resume playback (which also happens if connectivity is briefly lost). Because of this firmware fault, this currently fails and playback begins from the start of the programme. Samsung have confirmed that the problem is rectified in a forthcoming patch release which should be rolled out to end users soon.
NB: Devices running alternative firmware or custom roms should not be affected
- Some Samsung Galaxy users (using 4.1.2 Touchwiz) may find that audio playback does not work for them for live or on-demand programmes. A firmware fix has been deployed by Samsung but may take some time to be rolled out across all networks. Please check for software updates if you have problems using the app. Podcast and video playback should not be affected.
- On demand/catchup programmes from local and regional stations are not yet available
- Video clips are not currently available for Intel-based devices, such as the Motorola Razr-i, or Orange San Diego
Minor maintenance release.
We value your feedback and if you wish to get in touch with us, please do so by email (radio [email protected]
) or via our Twitter account (@BBCiPlayerRadio)